Aljona Fuhrmann
Aljona Fuhrmann
Belarus
Local time: 16:08
Member (2007)
German to Russian
+ ...
Feb 6, 2004

While exporting my translation into German, I have difficult time with encoding. DejaVU splits German characters with umlauts into several rows, alongside with that on both sides of the character appear embedded codes.

For example:
Pr
{1}u{2}
fung und Abnahmeprotokoll f
{3}u{4}
f

I have tried to replace the characters with umlauts with ae, oe, ue and ss in word file and then export it into DejaVu, but to no avail, the interruption with
... See more
While exporting my translation into German, I have difficult time with encoding. DejaVU splits German characters with umlauts into several rows, alongside with that on both sides of the character appear embedded codes.

For example:
Pr
{1}u{2}
{3}u{4}
f

I have tried to replace the characters with umlauts with ae, oe, ue and ss in word file and then export it into DejaVu, but to no avail, the interruption with embedded codes remains. Can you please recommend me anything? I’m afraid I have it wrong with setting up.

Thank You in advance,
Aljona
Collapse

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 14:08
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
try this Feb 6, 2004

You may want to try posting your query at the following DV-specific yahoo group:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dejavu-l/

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:08
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
font settings Feb 6, 2004

I had exactly the same problem with some Powerpoint files. For reasons unknown to me, all umlauts had been in a different font than the other text. The solution was to set all of the text to the same font.

[Edited at 2004-02-06 11:09]

Aljona Fuhrmann
Aljona Fuhrmann
Belarus
Local time: 16:08
Member (2007)
German to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
in vain Feb 6, 2004

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
Unfortunately it didn’t help me: I rechecked all my fonts, - the main text and the letters with umlauts weren’t different.

Also I didn’t manage to post my query at the yahoo.group. It simply doesn’t work : (

Best regards,
Aljona Fuhrmann

Igor_Mos
Igor_Mos
Local time: 15:08
English to Russian
+ ...
Deja Vu: Problem with encoding Feb 11, 2004

Aljona wrote:

For example:
Pr
{1}u{2}
{3}u{4}
f

Please try to save as Word 6/95, close and open again and then save as Word (last version). This should help you.

Igor

[Edited at 2004-02-17 11:04]

Igor_Mos
Igor_Mos
Local time: 15:08
English to Russian
+ ...
Encoding in Deka Vu Feb 17, 2004

Aljona wrote:

For example:
Pr
{1}u{2}
{3}u{4}
f

Please try to save as Word 6/95, close and open again and then save as Word (last version). This should help you.

Igor

[/quote]

Igor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DejaVu: Problem with encoding

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »