Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 13:28
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Apr 27, 2008

Dear All,

I must have inadvertedly clicked on something - now my usual working environment is gone, and I cannot get it back.

I work in DVX Professional, and my preferred environment is when I enter the translation in a separate window in the bottom left corner of the window. In the middle and top left section I should have the two columns (source and target), while on the right I should have the File Navigator on the top and the list of terminology matches in the botto
... See more
Dear All,

I must have inadvertedly clicked on something - now my usual working environment is gone, and I cannot get it back.

I work in DVX Professional, and my preferred environment is when I enter the translation in a separate window in the bottom left corner of the window. In the middle and top left section I should have the two columns (source and target), while on the right I should have the File Navigator on the top and the list of terminology matches in the bottom.

The current situation is different. The window consists of two parts. On the left I have the two columns, with the editing taking place right in the list of sentences, i.e. not in a separate area. On the right, I only have the File Navigator.

What's even more annoying is that all Auto functions are gone. When I open Tools - Option - Environment, almost all checkboxes are empty. Even if I check the checkboxes for "Edit in separate area", as well as all four Auto functions, these changes do not take effect. When I open the same Environment tag again, everything is empty again.

I've had the same problem before, but somehow it always solved misteriously. This time I've trying different things, but nothing seems to work.

As usual, deadlines are looming

thanks for any useful hint

Csaba
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:28
English to Turkish
+ ...
Use MenuLayoutDelete Apr 27, 2008

Please read the following

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/CAT-Tools/DéjàVu_X/FAQ/How_to_make_the_interface_look_normal?

This will reset all your settings. But then you will be able to customize them again.

HTH

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
resolved Apr 27, 2008

I simply closed down DVX and reopened it, and the interface now looks normal.

I still have no clue what caused the problem...

cok tesekkür ederim
Csaba

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:28
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Wow! My problem solved before I got a chance to ask! Apr 28, 2008

I've just downloaded that MenuLayoutDelete tool. I can't wait to use it on my laptop! And here I thought I was going to have to either be stuck with that really weird format or keep on using my desktop instead.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:28
English to German
+ ...
Volatile Fortune Apr 28, 2008

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/CAT-Tools/DéjàVu_X/FAQ/How_to_make_the_interface_look_normal?

This will reset all your settings. But then you will be able to customize them again.

Fortunately, I have had the right problem for this solution.

Unfortunately, when clicking on the .reg file, it was only opened in my editor so I could not execute it, not even via the context menu, and I did not find a way to remove this setting. (I must have changed it some time ago to prevent accidential changes of the registry.)

Fortunately, I just needed to rename the 2 mentionend keys in regedit, and my DVX has its good old layout again (I was starting to feel spastic when trying to move the windows back in place.)

BTW, you cannot download the file before you will be an approved member of this yahoo group..

Grzegorz Gryc
Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Associate reg files to Registry Editor Apr 28, 2008

Harry Bornemann wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Fortunately, I have had the right problem for this solution.

Unfortunately, when clicking on the .reg file, it was only opened in my editor so I could not execute it, not even via the context menu, and I did not find a way to remove this setting. (I must have changed it some time ago to prevent accidential changes of the registry.)

You may associate back the reg files with the registry editor.
Open a folder in Explorer
Tools (menu)
Folder options
File types (3rd tab)
Search for REG in the list
Change (button)

Cheers
GG

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:28
English to Turkish
+ ...
Another download link Apr 28, 2008

Harry Bornemann wrote:

BTW, you cannot download the file before you will be an approved member of this yahoo group..

http://www.atril.com/dvx/MenuLayoutDelete.reg

David BUICK
David BUICK  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
That one worked fine for me Apr 28, 2008

Thanks! Now my "Properties" window is sitting back under my "File Navigator" window as it should!

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Sincere thanks from me too... Aug 6, 2009

... just saved my bacon after DVX refused to show me the file navigator with a 413-page document to export

[Edited at 2009-08-06 15:13 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

unusual interface - cannot switch back to normal

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »