https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/7001-looking_for_chinese_japanese_translation_resources.html&phpv_redirected=1

Looking for Chinese-Japanese translation resources
Thread poster: Minoru Kuwahara
Minoru Kuwahara
Minoru Kuwahara
Japan
Local time: 14:15
English to Japanese
+ ...
Dec 11, 2002

Hi all Chinese translators,

I\'m a Japanese translator mainly translating from English and French into Japanese. Currently I\'m just starting out the Chinese study as a \"hobby\", while in the long future, I may think about stepping into the Chinese-Japanese translation as a freelance translator only if I may come across such chances.

For now, I have almost no information regarding the Chinese-Japanese translation, or any good tools for Japanese learner
... See more

I\'m a Japanese translator mainly translating from English and French into Japanese. Currently I\'m just starting out the Chinese study as a \"hobby\", while in the long future, I may think about stepping into the Chinese-Japanese translation as a freelance translator only if I may come across such chances.

For now, I have almost no information regarding the Chinese-Japanese translation, or any good tools for Japanese learners of the Chinese language, so if any one of you would give me some good advice, no matter how it can be a fine dictionary, both hard and soft, a learning tool, a job resource, etc. , I would much appreciate.

While first of all, how do you see the current situation for the Chinese-Japanese technical translation? Anyone, any comment?

Thank you very much.

Collapse

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
NO SUBJECT Dec 12, 2002

Learning a new language really is a daunting task. I tried many times to take up Japanese. I have had two tutors and I\'m not even past the alphabet yet.

There is some good information about learning Chinese at, where else, About.com:

http://chineseculture.about.com/cs/learningonline/

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-12 17:50 ]... See more
Learning a new language really is a daunting task. I tried many times to take up Japanese. I have had two tutors and I\'m not even past the alphabet yet.

There is some good information about learning Chinese at, where else, About.com:

http://chineseculture.about.com/cs/learningonline/

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-12 17:50 ]
Collapse

liberation
liberation  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
English-to-Japanese translator needed Dec 14, 2002

Send an e-mail to get the details: [email protected]
[addsig]

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:15
English to Chinese
+ ...
Some recommendable links: Dec 17, 2002

hua.umf.maine.edu/China/dictoth.html#Link5

See more
hua.umf.maine.edu/China/dictoth.html#Link5

www.jamall.com/jml-bin/itemnum.exe?lang=2&mode=isbn&isbn=4385121834

www.google.ca/search?q=cache:6YMBUTLC-HUC:www.a2001.com/english/shop/roboword/cyu.html%20Japanese-Chinese%20dictionaries&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

www.google.ca/search?q=cache:hoI1sKj_ZjQC:www.chinabooks.com.au/newbooks/lndicto_1.htm%20Japanese-Chinese%20dictionaries&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

www.google.ca/search?q=cache:p-qkxZrAV4QC:www.suntendyusa.com/kingsoft/%20Japanese-Chinese%20dictionaries&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

www.longman-elt.com/dictionaries/support/laad_support.html#notes

www.google.ca/search?q=cache:p1XIZpad-ToC:www.chinesesoftware.com/d_translation.html%20Japanese-Chinese%20dictionaries&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

www.google.ca/search?q=cache:NaaViPbN-PEC:www.jpf.go.jp/e/urawa/e_public/e_ronsyu/e_ron_12_01.html%20Japanese-Chinese%20dictionaries&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

www.netat.net/browse.htm

www.jpf.go.jp/e/urawa/e_j_rsorcs/e_jrs_02_02.html.

www.dreye.com/en/product/drejc/overview.htm

www.araya.i8.com/links/links3.html.

traserver.tra.cuhk.edu.hk/bacourse.htm.

HTH

Quote:

On 2002-12-11 10:52, M.Kuwahara wrote:

For now, I have almost no information regarding the Chinese-Japanese translation, or any good tools for Japanese learners of the Chinese language, so if any one of you would give me some good advice, no matter how it can be a fine dictionary, both hard and soft, a learning tool, a job resource, etc. , I would much appreciate.

While first of all, how do you see the current situation for the Chinese-Japanese technical translation? Anyone, any comment?

Thank you very much.

Collapse

Minoru Kuwahara
Minoru Kuwahara
Japan
Local time: 14:15
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Dec 18, 2002

Hi BBW,

Thank you very much for your concern on my post and recommending some of the links you have picked up.I appreciate, while I\'m aware I\'m still in need of searching in this sphere to come up with really excellent resources, considering Chinese-Japanese could be a minor language pair for tech/bus translation.

I look toward the future and meanwhile I\'m considering to strengthen my Chinese fluency with the most effort...

[ This Message was
... See more
Hi BBW,

Thank you very much for your concern on my post and recommending some of the links you have picked up.I appreciate, while I\'m aware I\'m still in need of searching in this sphere to come up with really excellent resources, considering Chinese-Japanese could be a minor language pair for tech/bus translation.

I look toward the future and meanwhile I\'m considering to strengthen my Chinese fluency with the most effort...

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-19 07:13]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for Chinese-Japanese translation resources

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »