https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/6985-technical_decoding_problem.html&phpv_redirected=1

Technical Decoding Problem
Thread poster: Zhaxe
Zhaxe
Zhaxe
English
Dec 10, 2002

Dear Xiaoping Fu,

I think you can get more response in the Chinese forum for your question, because I do not have such technical background regarding the Chinese codes.

Quote:

Thank you Zhaxe, My problem is that the same text was not displayed properly on the other page in proz.com. There are, as you noticed, a few simplified characters mixed in the text. But they are not the problem. They show up we... See more
Dear Xiaoping Fu,

I think you can get more response in the Chinese forum for your question, because I do not have such technical background regarding the Chinese codes.

Quote:

Thank you Zhaxe, My problem is that the same text was not displayed properly on the other page in proz.com. There are, as you noticed, a few simplified characters mixed in the text. But they are not the problem. They show up well in both pages. perhaps the other page\'s character-set is not set properly, or not the same as here?

The typical issue is that wherever the traditional character 運\ is encountered, it and several following characters are messed up. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Thanks again.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-06 01:33 ]

I could not see your other page, and I have no idea why it happened like that regarding when you encountered the character 運\! I still think it is a very strange text to write with mixing different kinds of characters. But I don\'t know, maybe Chinese do this habitually, is it true? I have personally never seen such a text.

I put the quotes from the previous dialogue below. I hope that you can get a better response from this forum, Xiaoping. Good luck.

Quote:

Maybe part of the problem is mixed script. Just in the first line there are several noticeable simplified and traditional characters mixed together. Actually, I see it everywhere!

Note these characters on the first line:

歡-臨-們-网-并-謝-瀏-覽-們

网頁 ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Technical Decoding Problem

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »