Opinion on \"Jianren\" by Yin Lichuan
Thread poster: Silvia_P
Silvia_P
Silvia_P
Local time: 19:37
Chinese to Italian
+ ...
Nov 15, 2002

I\'ve just read a novel by the female writer 尹丽川, titled 《贱人》. I wish to know the opinion (about this novel) of anybody who has read the book. I hope this topic is not awkward... I didn\'t found much about the writer and her works in the net, actually I\'m pretty eager to know how she is considered in mainland China. Many thanks for your attention...

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:37
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
My rant: Nov 15, 2002

This is not a specific comment on Ms. Yin or her book, but a broad condemnation of a class of female authors known as the \"babe writers (美女作家)\": They are rebels without a cause, eager to break with old values only to end up with no values. They may hold up cultural nihilism as a badge of high honor, but, to me, it is just intellectual inanity. Yuppie whore airheadedness, plainly put. If some pimple-faced college kid manages to overcome the belittlement and contempt these writers often... See more
This is not a specific comment on Ms. Yin or her book, but a broad condemnation of a class of female authors known as the \"babe writers (美女作家)\": They are rebels without a cause, eager to break with old values only to end up with no values. They may hold up cultural nihilism as a badge of high honor, but, to me, it is just intellectual inanity. Yuppie whore airheadedness, plainly put. If some pimple-faced college kid manages to overcome the belittlement and contempt these writers often show for men and jerks off to one of the ubiquitous sex depictions, more power to him.

Now, have a nice weekend, y\'all, O.K.?
Collapse

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:37
English to Chinese
+ ...
...Yin's photo and other Nov 16, 2002

www.2000888.com/www/shancansh/0902/fly/yinlichuan.asp.htm

www.china.com.cn/chinese/feature/171891.htm

... See more
www.2000888.com/www/shancansh/0902/fly/yinlichuan.asp.htm

www.china.com.cn/chinese/feature/171891.htm

culture.163.com/editor/020529/020529_62129.html

www.ceqq.com/MSJY/sx-yinlichuan.htm.

Comments: 不敢恭维!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-18 00:40 ]
Collapse

Y_Bill
Y_Bill
Local time: 02:37
Chinese to English
+ ...
Beware of Shit! Nov 16, 2002

I looked through The selected Poems of Yin Lichuan on the webpage-www.ceqq.com/MSJY/sx-yinlichuan.htm, and I know for sure what kind of shit she could produce out of her \"babe\" head, as the Americans often say \"shit happens\". I could not possibly match itranzlate\'s bitter rant, however I still want to shriek some verbal abuse here. This Miss Yin was definitely not writing poetry in Chinese, she was raping as a whore the Chinese language which has such a glorious and beautiful past, she was ... See more
I looked through The selected Poems of Yin Lichuan on the webpage-www.ceqq.com/MSJY/sx-yinlichuan.htm, and I know for sure what kind of shit she could produce out of her \"babe\" head, as the Americans often say \"shit happens\". I could not possibly match itranzlate\'s bitter rant, however I still want to shriek some verbal abuse here. This Miss Yin was definitely not writing poetry in Chinese, she was raping as a whore the Chinese language which has such a glorious and beautiful past, she was displaying a behaviouristic \"art\" of vomitting her rubbish to attract attention of the worst mob of the crowd. Disgusted by the broad\'s \"poems\", I\'d rather not read jianren\'s jianren at all. If God is dead, nothing evil is impossible. If Taste perishes, garbage reigns.

Sorry, but I have to.

Warning: Don\'t ruin your weekend by reading it!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opinion on \"Jianren\" by Yin Lichuan

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »