Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73] >
Off topic: 翻译与美食 (Translation and Gourmet Food)
Thread poster: Chinoise
pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:13
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
「翡翠碗」,「金筷子」 Oct 27, 2006

『話說當年廣東及福建沿岸有好多人,為咗生計,被迫離鄉背井,遠走他鄉,為的是一個夢想,為的是衣錦還鄉。當時呢班被賣豬仔去南洋既華工,一直流傳著一個傳說,就係去南洋餐餐食「翡翠碗」,日日用「金筷子」。真係有咁荀?

原來,所謂「翡翠碗」就係呢種用蕉葉做碟既蕉葉飯,而「金筷子」就係沾咗咖哩汁既手指。無啖好食唔在講, 重要用埋隻手拿飯食, 被人賣咗豬仔去南洋, 真係好慘嫁!

至於佢地能唔能夠衣錦還鄉呢?大部分佢地都落地生根,有d同當地人結婚生子,在南洋一帶生活,但係佢地當年既辛酸,只能夠享博物館同呢d遺留下來的食物中見到』廣東話

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/jw!ExNbBcGAFRU0Z8oqXUM-/article?mid=1579

peiling
peiling  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:13
Chinese to English
+ ...
说我? Oct 27, 2006

以前就不知道了,现在还算'混'的不错吧?

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
廣東話真係難....... Oct 27, 2006

"咁荀"--我唔明。

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
Spaetzle Oct 27, 2006

Spaetzle [SHPEHT-sluh; SHPEHT-sehl; SHPEHT-slee] Literally translated from German as "little sparrow," spaetzle is a dish of tiny noodles or dumplings made with flour, eggs, water or milk, salt and sometimes nutmeg. The spaetzle dough can be firm enough to be rolled and cut into slivers or soft enough to be forced through a sieve, colander or spaetzle-maker with large holes. The small pieces of dough are usually boiled (poached) before being tossed with *butter* (超好吃的) or added to soups ... See more
Spaetzle [SHPEHT-sluh; SHPEHT-sehl; SHPEHT-slee] Literally translated from German as "little sparrow," spaetzle is a dish of tiny noodles or dumplings made with flour, eggs, water or milk, salt and sometimes nutmeg. The spaetzle dough can be firm enough to be rolled and cut into slivers or soft enough to be forced through a sieve, colander or spaetzle-maker with large holes. The small pieces of dough are usually boiled (poached) before being tossed with *butter* (超好吃的) or added to soups or other dishes. In Germany, spaetzle is served as a side dish much like potatoes or rice, and is often accompanied by a sauce or gravy. The cooked spaetzle can also be pan-fried with a little butter and onions (usually a good left-over idea).

Collapse

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:13
Chinese to English
+ ...
Shensi Spaetzle Oct 28, 2006

Pei Ling Haussecker wrote:

... or soft enough to be forced through a sieve, colander or spaetzle-maker with large holes. The small pieces of dough are usually boiled (poached) before being tossed with *butter* (超好吃的) or added to soups or other dishes...

That description reminds me of 荞麦面饸饹, a type of food eaten in the Northern part of Shensi (陕北延安地区)

荞麦(buckwheat)一般是喂牲口的. 中国北方农村很多地方都用荞麦的外壳作枕头. In the late '90s Sobakawa buckwheat pillows was a hot selling item here in the U. S. Exporting tons of buckwheat husks(pretty much waste, I'd say) must have made somebody very rich in the orient.

Anyway, the thing about buckwheat flour is it doesn't stick together very well... or at least the elasticity of the dough does not lend itself to making noodles by rolling the dough out. So the peasants in northern Shensi came up with this ingenious sieve-like device that has a lever. Pushing down on the lever, the buckwheat dough squeezes through the holes of the sieve and falls directly into the big pot of boiling water underneath. Voilà, instant Shensi Spaetzle.

Occasionally, the locals use regular wheat flour to make 饸饹. But that is considered very extravagant, and is done only for important celebrations.

I found this blog article on the web about the local food of that region.

http://ya114.blog.bokee.net/bloggermodule/blog_viewblog.do?id=201156

作为一个延安人,我有责任和必要向大家推荐一下延安的美食。当然,这里的食品都是土的掉渣的,但正是它们才真正反映了陕北的粗犷和豪放。

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
Interesting Oct 28, 2006

I've only ever seen Korean buckwheat noodle.

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:13
Chinese to English
+ ...
荞麦姑娘 Oct 28, 2006

wherestip wrote:

That description reminds me of 荞麦面饸饹, a type of food eaten in the Northern part of Shensi (陕北延安地区)

年轻时曾种过荞麦。那是一种细小的植物。紫红色的茎干,绿色的叶子。平淡无奇。盛夏时节,几天没去荞麦地,再去时发现荞麦花开了。花也很小,粉红色的,像一个个小小的五角星。站在一大片荞麦地里,却有一种莫名的感动。就好像离家数年,回来时忽然发现,邻家那个我从未正眼瞧过的女孩,一下子长成了亭亭玉立的美少女。当时我心里只想,如果荞麦是个姑娘,我一定娶她。:-D

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
在荞麦田上的姑娘 Oct 28, 2006

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

wherestip wrote:

年轻时曾种过荞麦。那是一种细小的植物。紫红色的茎干,绿色的叶子。平淡无奇。盛夏时节,几天没去荞麦地,再去时发现荞麦花开了。花也很小,粉红色的,像一个个小小的五角星。站在一大片荞麦地里,却有一种莫名的感动。就好像离家数年,回来时忽然发现,邻家那个我从未正眼瞧过的女孩,一下子长成了亭亭玉立的美少女。当时我心里只想,如果荞麦是个姑娘,我一定娶她。:-D

Xiaoping Fu 兄,就是邻家那个你从未正眼瞧过的女孩,在你離開村莊後,一直在默默地耕耘,料理你遺下的荞麦地,如今长成了亭亭玉立的美少女,但是,若你仔細留意一下,歲月留在她臉上及手上的痕跡,你便會知道農村生活的艱苦,買不起進口化妝品的痛苦,你一定要娶的,不是荞麦,而是那个姑娘呢! P.K.

Xiaoping Fu
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
也唱首歌 Oct 28, 2006

pkchan wrote:

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

wherestip wrote:

Xiaoping Fu 兄,就是邻家那个你从未正眼瞧过的女孩,在你離開村莊後,一直在默默地耕耘,料理你遺下的荞麦地,如今长成了亭亭玉立的美少女,但是,若你仔細留意一下,歲月留在她臉上及手上的痕跡,你便會知道農村生活的艱苦,買不起進口化妝品的痛苦,你一定要娶的,不是荞麦,而是那个姑娘呢! P.K.

P.K. 兄:

我不是回城知青。可你的贴子让我想起了一首歌:

《小芳》

村里有个姑娘叫小芳,
长得好看又善良,
一双美丽的大眼睛,
辫子粗又长。

在我回城前的那个晚上,
  你和我来到小河旁,
   从未流过的泪水,
   随着那小河淌。

谢谢你给我的爱,
今生今世我难忘怀。
谢谢你给我的温柔,
伴我度过那个年代。

多少次我回头看看走过的路,
    衷心祝福你善良的姑娘。
    多少次我回头看看走过的路,
    你站在小村旁。

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
《小芳》 Oct 29, 2006

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

pkchan wrote:

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

wherestip wrote:

P.K. 兄:

我不是回城知青。可你的贴子让我想起了一首歌:

《小芳》

村里有个姑娘叫小芳,
长得好看又善良,
一双美丽的大眼睛,
辫子粗又长。

在我回城前的那个晚上,
  你和我来到小河旁,
   从未流过的泪水,
   随着那小河淌。

谢谢你给我的爱,
今生今世我难忘怀。
谢谢你给我的温柔,
伴我度过那个年代。

多少次我回头看看走过的路,
    衷心祝福你善良的姑娘。
    多少次我回头看看走过的路,
    你站在小村旁。

傅老師﹕弟子在這裡跟老師開了一個『上山下鄉』的玩笑,冒犯處請諒。貝姨與你不約而同介紹過《小芳》這首歌,可見,那个年代在我們身邊留下的痕跡。可能是受了《人民畫報》的影響,當時在香港的我,是十分向往農村的生活,再說下去就離題兼觸雷了。告訴你一個秘密,『小芳』就是我當年要找的人,你說我找到沒有呢? PK

Xiaoping Fu
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
那人在灯火阑珊处 Oct 29, 2006

我猜你找到的“小芳”可能在美国?

pkchan wrote:

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

pkchan wrote:

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

wherestip wrote:

P.K. 兄:

我不是回城知青。可你的贴子让我想起了一首歌:

《小芳》

村里有个姑娘叫小芳,
长得好看又善良,
一双美丽的大眼睛,
辫子粗又长。

在我回城前的那个晚上,
  你和我来到小河旁,
   从未流过的泪水,
   随着那小河淌。

谢谢你给我的爱,
今生今世我难忘怀。
谢谢你给我的温柔,
伴我度过那个年代。

多少次我回头看看走过的路,
    衷心祝福你善良的姑娘。
    多少次我回头看看走过的路,
    你站在小村旁。

傅老師﹕弟子在這裡跟老師開了一個『上山下鄉』的玩笑,冒犯處請諒。貝姨與你不約而同介紹過《小芳》這首歌,可見,那个年代在我們身邊留下的痕跡。可能是受了《人民畫報》的影響,當時在香港的我,是十分向往農村的生活,再說下去就離題兼觸雷了。告訴你一個秘密,『小芳』就是我當年要找的人,你說我找到沒有呢? PK

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
現在,“小芳”是在美国 Oct 29, 2006

Xiaoping Fu wrote:

我猜你找到的“小芳”可能在美国?

對,“小芳”是來自廣州,還有三個妹妹,個個都『长得好看又善良,
一双美丽的大眼睛,辫子粗又长。』其中一個曾下放到從化,千辛萬苦才能回到廣州。我要了排行第二的一位,因她6歲到了香港。她弄得一手好廣東菜,免我天天吃漢堡與金寶。

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
"荀"="順" Oct 29, 2006

Chinoise wrote:

"咁荀"--我唔明。

檢索結果: "順"

字 聲
母 主

音 韻
尾 聲
調 音節 讀
音 同音字 可聯繫之音節表
順 s eo n 6 seon6 徇, 殉 同聲母韻母同韻母聲調同聲母聲調

"咁"=這樣

"咁荀"=這樣"正"=這樣"便宜"=這樣"好"=這樣"化算"=這樣"著數"

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:13
Chinese to English
+ ...
更正 Oct 31, 2006

wherestip wrote:

荞麦(buckwheat)一般是喂牲口的.

I probably got that wrong. From that link I provided it seems like buckwheat is more for human consumption.

After all, I was only there for a few years.

Xiaoping Fu
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
荞麦凉粉 Nov 1, 2006

wherestip wrote:

wherestip wrote:

荞麦(buckwheat)一般是喂牲口的.

I probably got that wrong. From that link I provided it seems like buckwheat is more for human consumption.

After all, I was only there for a few years.

荞麦人吃是粗粮,喂牲口则是精料。:-)

这还得看地区。在我住过队的甘肃通渭县,人能吃上荞麦面条,那是过年了。当时写过这样的词句“春荒逼,家家有人饥。忍看父老无炊米,野菜洋芋水汤稀。田黄待何期?”春天播种的时候,农民就没粮食吃了。怎么熬得到秋收啊!“麦见芒,屈指算田黄。年年小暑连大暑,几曾新粮接旧粮?肚瘪心惆怅。”当地有句谚语:“麦见芒,四十五天搬上场”。所以看见麦芒,大家就数指头,盼日子。还有一首写春寒冻死冬麦,犁掉麦田改种大秋作物的,都忘了。说起荞麦想起两句:“忍痛犁田去,再种糜、谷、荞。”写这些文字的时候,不能给人看。因为是“阴暗面”。现在无所谓了,可惜差不多忘光了。

对不起了, Betty!你这谈美食的地方,我倒说起挨饿来了。:-D

说到荞面饸饹,我也非常喜欢。不过令我常常萦绕于心的是另一种荞面食品——荞麦凉粉。用乔麦糁加水,泡发后揉搓成泥加水制成浆状过箩去皮。下锅打成糊状,倒在盆里。凉了后会凝成胶冻状。切成粗条(细了会断),调以酱醋姜蒜辣椒麻油等等作料。啊,想起来就流口水。:-)

[Edited at 2006-11-01 02:57]

[Edited at 2006-11-01 03:13]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

翻译与美食 (Translation and Gourmet Food)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »