Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73] >
Off topic: 翻译与美食 (Translation and Gourmet Food)
Thread poster: Chinoise
Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hey, Denyce. Oct 8, 2006

Many thanks for your professional help!
Denyce Seow wrote:

Chinoise wrote:

顺便请教一个翻译问题:馬拉盞是“Belacan”还是“Belachan”?

If I am not wrong, "belacan" is the original term. Check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrimp_paste. I can imagine my mum pronouncing it as "belacan" instead of "belachan".

pkchan
pkchan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:34
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Penang in Boston Chinatown Oct 8, 2006

http://www.penangusa.com/dishes_09.html

Penang in Chinatown - Boston
182 x 130 pixels - 8k - jpg
www.virtualtourist.com ...

Penang Malaysian restaurant in ...
100 x
... See more
http://www.penangusa.com/dishes_09.html

Penang in Chinatown - Boston
182 x 130 pixels - 8k - jpg
www.virtualtourist.com ...

Penang Malaysian restaurant in ...
100 x 75 pixels - 7k - jpg
www.flickr.com

這是波士頓華埠唯一的、獨一無二的馬來餐廳,不過,要吃漢化的星州炒米或海南雞飯,便要到唐人餐館了。在香港,馬來餐廳多以『南』字頭,如南風,南亞,南泉,其中在太子道旺角差館對面的南風餐廳是我常到的地方,不知是否早已關門大吉。海南雞飯屬馬來食品,還是香港獨有的產物,沒有研究過,其實雞是沒有什麼特別,倒是那碗有味的飯,才叫人垂涎。

[Edited at 2006-10-08 18:21]

[Edited at 2006-10-08 19:09]
Collapse

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:34
Chinese to English
+ ...
Shrimp paste and anchovy paste Oct 8, 2006

http://belacan.quickseek.com/

I wonder if this might be one of those exotic culinary treats that calls for an acquired taste to really appreciate.

I was in a Malaysian eatery once here in Austin, but I couldn't finish my noodles(炸酱面) because of the strong fishy taste of the sauce. I'm usually pretty good at finishing everything on my plate, BTW.

There's defini
... See more

I wonder if this might be one of those exotic culinary treats that calls for an acquired taste to really appreciate.

I was in a Malaysian eatery once here in Austin, but I couldn't finish my noodles(炸酱面) because of the strong fishy taste of the sauce. I'm usually pretty good at finishing everything on my plate, BTW.

There's definitely a thing such as acquired taste.
I used to not like mooncakes when I was a kid. None of us really liked the pastries my Grandma sent over from Hong Kong. She herself didn't like the American diet such as cheese when she lived with us in New York for a period of time. Yet she always remembered to include a big hunk of Swiss cheese in her package to us after we moved back to China. Two items that never failed to be on the declaration were 芝士 and 朱古力

Today I could only wish that I had some of those pastries.
Collapse

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fully agree! Oct 8, 2006

Thanks, Pei Ling, for confirming Denyce's answer!

Pei Ling Haussecker wrote:

is the current revised spelling in Malay, it's belachan more than 20 years ago, before I started schooling..

Chinoise wrote:

顺便请教一个翻译问题:馬拉盞是“Belacan”还是“Belachan”?

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
是否去过香港的南翔馒头店? Oct 8, 2006

pkchan wrote:

在香港,馬來餐廳多以『南』字頭,如南風,南亞,南泉,其中在太子道旺角差館對面的南風餐廳是我常到的地方,不知是否早已關門大吉。海南雞飯屬馬來食品,還是香港獨有的產物,沒有研究過,其實雞是沒有什麼特別,倒是那碗有味的飯,才叫人垂涎。

[修改时间:2006-10-08 20:59]

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Agree... Oct 8, 2006

Thanks, Wherestip, for re-confirming Denyce and Pei Ling's answer . I am fully convinced now...

Taking into consideration that there are "limits on the number of KudoZ questions" a KudoZ asker may submit within a 24-hour period, I might be more willing to post some translation questions here...;)

wherestip wrote:

Shrimp paste and anchovy paste

[Edited at 2006-10-08 21:45]

peiling
peiling  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:34
Chinese to English
+ ...
炸酱面 Oct 8, 2006

I thought that's a Chinese dish? In Malaysia, I've only had 炸酱面 at Taiwanese restaurants.

wherestip wrote:

There's definitely a thing such as acquired taste.
I used to not like mooncakes when I was a kid. None of us really liked the pastries my Grandma sent over from Hong Kong. She herself didn't like the American diet such as cheese when she lived with us in New York for a period of time. Yet she always remembered to include a big hunk of Swiss cheese in her package to us after we moved back to China. Two items that never failed to be on the declaration were 芝士 and 朱古力

Today I could only wish that I had some of those pastries.

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
馬姐的由來 Oct 9, 2006

Angus Woo wrote:

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:
香港也是南洋人愛前去謀生的地方,當然可以吃到許多南洋美食了。

香港人叫他們馬拉人. 馬拉糕在香港的任何一間酒樓都可以見到, 有些像中國人的鬆糕, 只是更鬆軟, 口感更好. 拉茶在香港和澳門也可以找到, 味道是很不錯的, 撞茶的結果就是口感很順滑. 香港還有一樣將奶茶和咖啡兌在一起喝的東西, 叫鴛鴦, 別的地方恐怕找不到, 香港特色.

幾十年前如果哪家人請到馬姐幫忙做工人, 那是極有面子的事情, 很多都被當作自己家人看待, 養老送終. 因為這些人心靈手巧, 會做菜會做家務, 尤其有一樣無人能敵, 就是她們懂得華人傳統的禮數和做人的道理, 又受過不同文化(南洋)的洗禮, 這對子女的成長是無價之寶, 不是廣東順德的自梳女可比的(自梳女雖然也都很厲害, 可很多沒有甚麼文化, 沒有受過不同文化的薰陶), 可惜馬姐人數不多, 隨著大馬經濟的發展, 現在馬姐在香港已經絕跡了. 不少馬拉人的美食卻留了下來.

馬姐–指早期「馬姐」 是不嫁人的「自梳女」。清末民初,大批「梳起唔嫁」的順德婦女流向廣州、港澳及南洋打住家工(即保姆)。順德人以刻苦耐勞著稱,加上廚藝了得,在勞工市場上極受歡迎,比其他地區輸出的傭人都價高,人稱「順德馬姐」,當時只有大戶人家才請得起。這些順德馬姐將順德菜帶進了廣東及南洋各大城市的富人家庭,於是順德菜在華人地區的上流地位更加牢不可破了

引用:http://hk.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/?qid=7006040101709
三十年代絲綢業式微,一向自食其力的自梳女習慣了經濟上和思想上獨立,於是另覓新工作,紛紛往香港和南洋打住家工,以維持生計。這些女傭是自由身,當時的人稱她們為「媽姐」,「媽姐」在順德的方言中,是「自梳女」的意思。部份媽姐在香港安頓好後,會介紹其他姊妹到來打工,值得一提的是,並非所有媽姐都是順德自梳女,不過她們佔極大比例卻是事實。

媽姐有個別緻的稱呼,叫「土鯪魚」,因為土鯪魚不會大肚,外型優美,亦有說媽姐的長辮像土鯪魚身上的黑線,也有指是土鯪魚一條身是指媽姐是獨身(一條身) ,故有此稱號。

順德媽姐可說是女傭界的翹楚,工作是打理一家的家務,工種上可分為六類,最高級是「近身」,薪金亦最高,打後是「湊仔」、「煮飯」、「打雜」,最辛苦錢又最少的是「一腳踢」。近身可視為陪嫁媽姐,是小姐的親信,要「跟出跟入」,比起其他住家工高級一點;湊仔是照顧小主人的起居,所以僱主大都願意支付較高的工資;煮飯是技術工人,薪水比打雜高;至於一腳踢多是新人,所以收入亦最少。

以前的女傭叫不是叫馬姐,應是「媽姐」。
「媽姐」在順德的方言中,是「自梳女」的意思。
三十年代時很多順德自梳女來港做女傭,所以漸漸「媽姐」就成為女傭的代名詞。
這是從我家的媽姐口中得知的。

點解以前的女傭叫'"馬姐"? - Yahoo!知識+點解以前的女傭叫\ \"馬姐\"? ... 以前的女傭叫不是叫馬姐,應是「媽姐」。 「媽姐」在順德的方言中,是「自梳女」的意思。 三十年代時很多順德自梳女來港做女傭,所以 ...
hk.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/?qid=7006031200210 - 30k - Cached - Similar pages

為什麼香港以前的本土傭人叫 ” 馬姐 ” ? - Yahoo!知識+為什麼香港以前的本土傭人叫 ” 馬姐 ” ? 有咩原因....? 寄給朋友 · 加入我的最愛 · 檢舉 · 最佳回答 · 其他回答. 發問者自選. 回答者 :Amy Cheng [大學級2 級] ...
hk.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/?qid=7006050800531 - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

[Edited at 2006-10-09 17:40]

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
海南雞飯 Oct 9, 2006

海南雞飯
維基百科,自由的百科全書
跳转到: 导航, 搜索
海南雞飯也是一套電影的名稱,參見海南雞飯 (電影)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

海南雞飯
海南雞海南雞飯是一道雞肉飯的菜餚,起源於中國海南島,但於新加坡發揚光大。

[編輯]
歷史
海南雞飯起源於中國海南島的文昌雞。當�
... See more
海南雞飯
維基百科,自由的百科全書
跳转到: 导航, 搜索
海南雞飯也是一套電影的名稱,參見海南雞飯 (電影)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

海南雞飯
海南雞海南雞飯是一道雞肉飯的菜餚,起源於中國海南島,但於新加坡發揚光大。

[編輯]
歷史
海南雞飯起源於中國海南島的文昌雞。當地人會以白切雞的做法,同時配以雞油和雞湯烹煮的米飯。二十世紀初期,隨著移民潮,這個菜式傳至東南亞,包括新加坡、馬來西亞及泰國等地,當中在新加坡發揚光大。

[編輯]
煮法
海南雞飯的海南雞,會以食鹽、香料和雞湯烹煮至九成熟,以保持肉質嫩滑,再將其冷卻,使雞皮和雞肉之間有一層透明的膠質。飯則以之前使用的雞湯烹煮出來的,成為雞油香飯。吃海南雞飯時,通常佐以黑醬油、薑茸及辣椒醬。

海南雞飯是一個與食物或飲品相關的小作品。你可以通過編輯或修訂擴充其內容。
Collapse

pkchan
United States
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
炒貴刁 Oct 9, 2006

"炒貴刁"既是"炒粿條"。貴刁, 棵條是貴刁的馬拉話, 音 "個dell"

你知道“粿條”嗎?!有點類似臺灣的“板條”。
"炒貴刁"就是將粿條、腊腸、蝦子、蛋、韭菜、豆芽、黑醬油等用大火快炒,是馬來西亞檳城的美食之一。
有機會一定要試哦,不過盡量在馬來西亞吃啦,馬來西亞之外的我不敢保證好吃哦!!
參考資料
... See more

你知道“粿條”嗎?!有點類似臺灣的“板條”。
"炒貴刁"就是將粿條、腊腸、蝦子、蛋、韭菜、豆芽、黑醬油等用大火快炒,是馬來西亞檳城的美食之一。
有機會一定要試哦,不過盡量在馬來西亞吃啦,馬來西亞之外的我不敢保證好吃哦!!
參考資料:
http://bbs.org.hk/bbsanc.php?path=/groups/GROUP_4/Travelling/asia/sg/M.1047305576.A

河粉原料是大米,將米洗淨後磨成粉,加水調製成糊狀,上籠蒸製成片狀,冷卻後劃成條狀即成。手工製成的河粉色白,近來也有店家在其中加入各種蔬菜汁或者水果汁,製成五顏六色的河粉。

近年來河粉已實現機械化生產,在廣州隨之出現了大量自行生產的米粉,部分廠家甚至在陳化米中加入硼砂製作,影響了飲食安全。2004年,廣州市政府考慮將河粉以「廣州沙河粉」之名申報「原產地域產品」保護,從而加強對河粉製造業的管理。

河粉可以用蒸、炒、煮等多種方法烹調,其中最著名的就是干炒牛河。近年來甚至有人參考西餐,摹仿甜品或者通心粉烹調。

除了廣州之外,越南的河粉使用魚露調味,也很有名。
Collapse

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
Recommending a site Oct 9, 2006

for malaysian food. They even have recipes! Enjoy!

http://www.malaysianfood.net/

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 03:34
English to Chinese
+ ...
有趣! Oct 9, 2006

pkchan wrote:

以前的女傭叫不是叫馬姐,應是「媽姐」。
「媽姐」在順德的方言中,是「自梳女」的意思。
三十年代時很多順德自梳女來港做女傭,所以漸漸「媽姐」就成為女傭的代名詞。
這是從我家的媽姐口中得知的。

謝謝 Joseph 的解釋。

帶著自己長大的保姆,是媽也是姐。所以,媽姐應該比馬姐說得通。

順道問一下,「自梳」是因為無人「幫梳」所以自梳,是吧?

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
chance: 可否向大家推荐一些法国特产? Oct 9, 2006

干了一整夜“革命工作”,俺已饥肠辘辘。:D
chance wrote:

不是建军这贴我还真没注意到wherestip的那贴,借用彤彤的话,还是我们法广中文台的广播员字正腔圆,呵呵!

法广最近也来了一朵喇叭花,不光是发音问题,主要感觉她文化修养也差一点,不过最近略有进步。

[Edited at 2006-10-09 15:54]

Chinoise
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
也请Wenjer多介绍些台湾美食! Oct 9, 2006

顺便打听一下:谁是Joseph?

Wenjer Leuschel wrote:

謝謝 Joseph 的解釋。

帶著自己長大的保姆,是媽也是姐。所以,媽姐應該比馬姐說得通。

順道問一下,「自梳」是因為無人「幫梳」所以自梳,是吧?

[Edited at 2006-10-09 11:54]

peiling
Germany
Chinese to English
+ ...
我猜是pkchan. Oct 9, 2006

Chinoise wrote:

顺便打听一下:谁是Joseph?

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

翻译与美食 (Translation and Gourmet Food)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »