https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/1902-let_s_talk_about_sample_translations-page2.html&phpv_redirected=1

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Let\'s talk about sample translations!
Thread poster: Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:37
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Raymond Chu! Jul 20, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-24 16:01, raychu wrote:

This may be of some help to you guys. Over the past years, I\'ve built up a number of files of personal \"ready-made\" samples of translations, each consisting of a 300 to 500-word paragraph taken from one of the documents I have done and giving both the source texts and my translation. The range of samples on my files covers the major subject areas with which I am most familiar.

... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-24 16:01, raychu wrote:

This may be of some help to you guys. Over the past years, I\'ve built up a number of files of personal \"ready-made\" samples of translations, each consisting of a 300 to 500-word paragraph taken from one of the documents I have done and giving both the source texts and my translation. The range of samples on my files covers the major subject areas with which I am most familiar.

Every time when I am asked by an agency or a potential direct client to submit samples or to do \"custom-made\" sample translations, I would select from my files \"ready-made\" samples in the suitable topic and send such samples by email for evaluation. If the agency or potential client refuses to consider my own samples and insist that I do

free sample translations of the texts supplied by him, I know that he may not be serious and is likely trying to get free services. He simply will never hear from me again. CAVEAT VENDITOR (Seller to beware)! As seller of translation services, we have to protect our interest as well as the clients want to, don\'t we?

Some last words of warning, though. The sample paragraphs must be taken from the documents you have honestly translated by yourself for your clients, and you have to be sure that the sample texts do not reveal any confidentialy information of your clients.

Thank you, Raymond! I enjoyed very much reading your nice message. I will definately take your suggestion when such request comes up again.

Kevin Yang ▲ Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Let\'s talk about sample translations!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »