https://www.proz.com/forum/chinese/1822-usd1000_for_4743_words-page2.html&phpv_redirected=1

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
USD$10.00 for 4,743 words???????!!!!!!!
Thread poster: Xiaoping Fu
Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:17
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Here comes their 2nd email! Mar 20, 2002

Dear Translators:

Enjoy the reading so far? I just received another one from them. Keep reading, perhaps more to come. This is the entirety of the 2nd email I just received:

Kevin

-----Original Message-----

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, Mar
... See more
Dear Translators:

Enjoy the reading so far? I just received another one from them. Keep reading, perhaps more to come. This is the entirety of the 2nd email I just received:

Kevin

-----Original Message-----

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of [email protected]

Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2002 8:55 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: [ProZ mail] Conclusion

-----------

You have been sent a message via your ProZ.com page.

Author: Glossika

Author\'s profile: http://www.proz.com/translator/27033

-----------

Kevin,

We understand now. Do not call yourself American; you neither understand nor stand for American values.

You\'re deceitful, lying, dishonest, unegalitarianistic, prejudiced, undemocratic, repressive (of free speech), untrustworthy, devious, insincere, and indirect.

These are all opposite of American values. You are a communist and a virus in America. Let those in China be communist and leave them be. This YangJS is an egocentric child. But you know better. Of course, you have the right to express brotherhood with your compatriots, but you should not act like a communist, especially on American soil.

Why have you not posted all of Glossika\'s remarks in the forum? You are not democratic and there is a constitutional right to FREEDOM of speech in a FREE country. We have done nothing but defend ourselves and provide proof and yet you even dare mock. Shame on thyself!

Post this email there too, if you want. Everyone may then understand how insincere you are and how you cannot be trusted.

Michael Stevens

-----------

Keep your profile up to date:

http://www.proz.com/translator/2918

To login and edit your profile, go to:

http://www.proz.com/translator/

-----------

Michael,

Thank you for your email. I think you forgot to mention that we have five folders in the Chinese Forum are related to your topic, since this Forum opened to the public a week ago. You have offered us plenty to read. Now I learned that personal attack and prejudice are filled in you emails. Can you show us your other forte if possible, which, I hope, can be more enlightening and inspiring in a positive way? I do not think I need to add more because the readers can tell by reading your emails, and we five folders of them to read. Enjoy! Kevin

Collapse

Xiaoping Fu
Xiaoping Fu  Identity Verified
Canada
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't take it personally, Kevin. Mar 20, 2002

Hi Kevin,

It is hard to maitian an absolutely objective and neatural standpoint in moderating a forum like this, especially when the dispute goes wildly. But I don\'t see anything wrong in what you have done.

I highly appreciate your efforts to bring this dispute to a positive ending.

About the personal attacks you have recieved, please don\'t take them personally. All the professionals here have their own judgments.

... See more
Hi Kevin,

It is hard to maitian an absolutely objective and neatural standpoint in moderating a forum like this, especially when the dispute goes wildly. But I don\'t see anything wrong in what you have done.

I highly appreciate your efforts to bring this dispute to a positive ending.

About the personal attacks you have recieved, please don\'t take them personally. All the professionals here have their own judgments.

Best regards,

Xiaoping

Collapse

David Rockell (X)
David Rockell (X)
Chinese to English
You have my support Kevin Mar 20, 2002

This is not the place for politics one way or another, let alone personal attacks on anybody. I think a reasonable standard of manners and conduct transcend all geographical and political boundries, but sadly there are those who seem to have very little justification to feel good about themselves in the morning (or the evening for that matter). It would seem to me that Kevin has made geat efforts to handling the postings coming in (some of which are outrageous and not worthy of troubled adolesce... See more
This is not the place for politics one way or another, let alone personal attacks on anybody. I think a reasonable standard of manners and conduct transcend all geographical and political boundries, but sadly there are those who seem to have very little justification to feel good about themselves in the morning (or the evening for that matter). It would seem to me that Kevin has made geat efforts to handling the postings coming in (some of which are outrageous and not worthy of troubled adolescent) with impartiality. Perhaps 欲盖弥彰 might describe some people\'s efforts to vincdicate their ammoral actions. I suggest the moderator (Kevin in this case) squash personal attacks and politically motivated nonsense and let this column return to the subject of translation.Collapse

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
I second David's suggestion. Mar 20, 2002

We should put an end to this as it is no longer about the original dispute. When things get this low down, there is no point in further discussing who is right and who is wrong. Kevin, you have done a great job for all of us here. Just disregard those personal attacks we all have our own judgment in our mind.

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you for speaking out! Mar 20, 2002

Dear Xiaoping, David and Bin Li,

Thank you for speaking out!

This case is turned into a direction no one likes, somewhat meaningless. We all are trying to define and protect a standard, and try to improve translators\' conduct. I think to respect and considerate are the key words to remember. As the Chinese old saying,\"Before to be a businessman, learn to be a person first.\"

Most translators are working alone by themselves, the Ch
... See more
Dear Xiaoping, David and Bin Li,

Thank you for speaking out!

This case is turned into a direction no one likes, somewhat meaningless. We all are trying to define and protect a standard, and try to improve translators\' conduct. I think to respect and considerate are the key words to remember. As the Chinese old saying,\"Before to be a businessman, learn to be a person first.\"

Most translators are working alone by themselves, the Chinese Forum is a wonderful place for everyone to learn about others and improve ourselves, and clarify and build up a stamdard. For this reason, I enjoy making effort to work as a moderator.

I think, through this dispute/discussion, we all learned that translators should always be respected, and no one will tolerate any abusing activities. I am contacting Henry and Jason, requesting them to review this Forum.

Kevin
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

USD$10.00 for 4,743 words???????!!!!!!!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »