Jubilee Tech and M2 Limited.
Thread poster: Libin PhD
Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
Mar 10, 2002

I wonder if my colleagues have any unpleasant dealing with the above two agencies. Jubilee is listed on the blue board and seems to have problem in payment.

They are contacting me now. I want to make sure it is worthwhile to work with them.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Bin

Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:38
English to Chinese
I will think twice Mar 10, 2002

One of my fellow translators worked with Jubilee Tech and only received the payment for the first batch. She got paid because they wanted more work done, but she never receives the whole payment!

Perhaps it\'s not a bad agency, but I would think twice before making any commitment.

Libin PhD
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Li-Chuan Mar 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-10 06:02, Li-chuan wrote:

One of my fellow translators worked with Jubilee Tech and only received the payment for the first batch. She got paid because they wanted more work done, but she never receives the whole payment!

Perhaps it\'s not a bad agency, but I would think twice before making any commitment.

Thanks, Lichuan for your reply. It looks that it is not wort... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-10 06:02, Li-chuan wrote:

Thanks, Lichuan for your reply. It looks that it is not worth the trouble. ▲ Collapse

Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:38
English to Chinese
I feel like a leg-puller. Mar 10, 2002

Shall I delete my message?

Well, I felt I had to say what I\'ve heard.

Libin PhD
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Li-Chuan, Do you misunderstand me? Mar 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-10 06:31, Li-chuan wrote:

What I was saying is that they are contacting me and it is not worthwhile for me to respond given the information you provided and what is in the Blue Board. I thank you for your input. I am sorry if I was not clear enough.

Thank you again... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-10 06:31, Li-chuan wrote:

What I was saying is that they are contacting me and it is not worthwhile for me to respond given the information you provided and what is in the Blue Board. I thank you for your input. I am sorry if I was not clear enough.

Thank you again.

Bin ▲ Collapse

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:38
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Bin Li, Perhaps you can consider to sign an agreement with these two companies Mar 10, 2002

Bin Li and Li-chuan, nice to read your messages here. I worked for Jubilee Tech on 2 or 3 translation jobs about 3 or 4 years ago. I have not heard about M2 Limited, no info about this company found in ProZ.com either. If you want to work on their jobs, perhaps you can consider to sign an agreement with each of these two companies before accepting any job assignment from them. If I were you, I would spell out clearly the total dollar amount, set the date of payment and term of payment. Be sure t... See more
Bin Li and Li-chuan, nice to read your messages here. I worked for Jubilee Tech on 2 or 3 translation jobs about 3 or 4 years ago. I have not heard about M2 Limited, no info about this company found in ProZ.com either. If you want to work on their jobs, perhaps you can consider to sign an agreement with each of these two companies before accepting any job assignment from them. If I were you, I would spell out clearly the total dollar amount, set the date of payment and term of payment. Be sure the signer is an authorized manager and be sure the signer to print his or her name underneath his or her signature. Don\'t forget to date it. I think this will put you in a better shape.

It is sad that we all have to work in such way to protect ourselves.
Collapse

Libin PhD
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mar 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-10 07:08, Tongli wrote:

Bin Li and Li-chuan, nice to read your messages here. I worked for Jubilee Tech on 2 or 3 translation jobs about 3 or 4 years ago. I have not heard about M2 Limited, no info about this company found in ProZ.com either. If you want to work on their jobs, perhaps you can consider to sign an agreement with each of these two companies before accepting any job assignment from them. If I were you... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-10 07:08, Tongli wrote:

Bin Li and Li-chuan, nice to read your messages here. I worked for Jubilee Tech on 2 or 3 translation jobs about 3 or 4 years ago. I have not heard about M2 Limited, no info about this company found in ProZ.com either. If you want to work on their jobs, perhaps you can consider to sign an agreement with each of these two companies before accepting any job assignment from them. If I were you, I would spell out clearly the total dollar amount, set the date of payment and term of payment. Be sure the signer is an authorized manager and be sure the signer to print his or her name underneath his or her signature. Don\'t forget to date it. I think this will put you in a better shape.

It is sad that we all have to work in such way to protect ourselves.

Thank you Kevin and Li-Chuan for your advice. I think I will skip them altogether. It is not worth the trouble. I have never been cheated on any project in the last few years except one guy from Canada who later on moved to another location and changed his business name. It was less than $300. So I let him got off.

Thanks again.

Bin ▲ Collapse

Kevin Yang
Kevin Yang  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:38
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Canada? $300? Mar 10, 2002

Ben Li, I wonder if we all can figure out a way for the translators to collect their money after translation is provided. When you mention the company in Canada that owes you $300, I wonder if it is the same company my friend Sadao dealt with in Vancouver, B.C. It owes over $3000 to Sadao, an excellent Japanese translator. Sadao called him many times and heard excuses one after another but no check received. Poor Sadao called him again and said that he had to come to collect the money in person.... See more
Ben Li, I wonder if we all can figure out a way for the translators to collect their money after translation is provided. When you mention the company in Canada that owes you $300, I wonder if it is the same company my friend Sadao dealt with in Vancouver, B.C. It owes over $3000 to Sadao, an excellent Japanese translator. Sadao called him many times and heard excuses one after another but no check received. Poor Sadao called him again and said that he had to come to collect the money in person. Very strangely, when Sadao drove through the check point on the U.S.-Canadian border, Sadao was stopped by the Canadian Officer. By the way Sadao is an American citizen. They interrogated him, detached the dashboard of his car, kept him there for 4 hours to figure out if he is smuggling drug into Canada. When he reached the guy抯 office, it turned out to be a residential home and the guy in the house refused to let him in, told him to leave otherwise he would call cop. Even to this date, this experience still gives Sadao and me nightmares whenever we think of it.

Let\'s talk about it. I think this is a very good topic for all the translator. I am sure we will figure out a way to get our hard-earned money paid.
Collapse

Libin PhD
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mar 10, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-10 08:03, Tongli wrote:

Ben Li, I wonder if we all can figure out a way for the translators to collect their money after translation is provided. When you mention the company in Canada that owes you $300, I wonder if it is the same company my friend Sadao dealt with in Vancouver, B.C. It owes over $3000 to Sadao, an excellent Japanese translator. Sadao called him many times and heard excuses one after another but ... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-10 08:03, Tongli wrote:

Ben Li, I wonder if we all can figure out a way for the translators to collect their money after translation is provided. When you mention the company in Canada that owes you $300, I wonder if it is the same company my friend Sadao dealt with in Vancouver, B.C. It owes over $3000 to Sadao, an excellent Japanese translator. Sadao called him many times and heard excuses one after another but no check received. Poor Sadao called him again and said that he had to come to collect the money in person. Very strangely, when Sadao drove through the check point on the U.S.-Canadian border, Sadao was stopped by the Canadian Officer. By the way Sadao is an American citizen. They interrogated him, detached the dashboard of his car, kept him there for 4 hours to figure out if he is smuggling drug into Canada. When he reached the guy抯 office, it turned out to be a residential home and the guy in the house refused to let him in, told him to leave otherwise he would call cop. Even to this date, this experience still gives Sadao and me nightmares whenever we think of it.

Let\'s talk about it. I think this is a very good topic for all the translator. I am sure we will figure out a way to get our hard-earned money paid.

The guy I dealt with was from Toronto. I looked in my book. It was only $225. For a sizeable company, I think we can collect through ATA\'s collection service agent, Dun & Bradstreet. This is quite a large company, collection service is only a small part of their business. They can get the debtors into some national list and ruin their business reputation. But for individual, it might not be that effective.

Bin ▲ Collapse

cochrum
cochrum
Germany
Local time: 09:38
German to English
+ ...
M2 LTD - negative postings on TCR Mar 10, 2002

On the TCR (Translator client Review)board are several negative comments about this company and about Jubilee.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TCR

HTH, Nicole

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-10 11:14 ]

Libin PhD
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Mar 11, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-03-10 11:12, cochrum wrote:

On the TCR (Translator client Review)board are several negative comments about this company and about Jubilee.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the info. I have checked the message there. They are very helpful. Your help is... See more
Quote:

On 2002-03-10 11:12, cochrum wrote:

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the info. I have checked the message there. They are very helpful. Your help is appreciated.

Bin

HTH, Nicole

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-10 11:14 ]

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Jubilee Tech and M2 Limited.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »