Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
one ends的问题
Thread poster: Ethan Tian

wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:06
Chinese to English
+ ...
They often joke about English being a tricky language Mar 3, 2010

... but there's nothing tricky about this one. It's definitely "one end of ..."


Here's an example of a couple of usages I can think of that's kind of tricky ...

On second thought, I'd rather stay home.
I'm having second thoughts about this.





http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/on%20second%20thought

on second thought
Fig. having given something more thought; having reconsidered something. On second thought, maybe you should sell your house and move into an apartment. On second thought, let's not go to a movie.





http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/have%20second%20thoughts

have second thoughts
if you have second thoughts about something, you change your opinion or start to have doubts about it (often + about ) You're not having second thoughts about coming to Brighton with me, are you? (British & Australian)





 

Ethan Tian  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:06
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
哈~~ Mar 3, 2010

nigerose wrote:

Ethan Tian wrote:

非常感谢大家的见解,看来认为不对的人还是多数,或许换种译法也不失一种好办法,就是这wipo这么大的网站出现这样迷惑大众的东西有些说不过去。



你的中译英文字也将被wipo收录,成为人类英语语料的一部分。


仁兄,我没有翻译过所列的链接的专利的中文,我要是能够给wipo这些网站翻译这些就有得挣的了。总之,还是感谢你前面关于这个问题的回复!


 

ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
语法错误 Mar 3, 2010

wherestip wrote:

That is entirely correct. You would never hear an educated native English speaker say "one ends of".

是的。其实,专利或专利申请书中出现一些语法错误并不令人奇怪。中国专利局公布的许多中文专利或专利申请书中,照样也有不少文字和语法的错误,甚至错得连中国人都难以看懂。

在美国或其它英语国家以及WIPO申请专利的发明人中,很多人的母语都不是英语。这些人写的英文技术资料,难免会有语法错误。某些专利是从其它国家文字译成英文的。在翻译过程中也难免会产生语法错误。经过专利律师的修改,专利申请书中的语法错误应该是减少了许多,但难以完全消除。

[Edited at 2010-03-04 00:15 GMT]


 

ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
并非高不可攀 Mar 3, 2010

Ethan Tian wrote:

我要是能够给wipo这些网站翻译这些就有得挣的了。

通常翻译专利都是申请人或其委托的律师事务所的责任。WIPO没有义务找人翻译它所公开的专利或专利申请书。但是,你所翻译的专利或专利申请书被收入WIPO或USPTO的资料库,也并非什么高不可攀的事情。

对于一名母语是中文的翻译而言,最好还是先从英译中开始做。等到英语达到一定水平之后,再开始做中译英。毕竟对于母语是中文的翻译而言,英译中比中译英要容易得多,质量也容易保证。很难想象连英译中都做不好的人(泛指),中译英的水平反而会很高。


 

Ethan Tian  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:06
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
sun sir说得对 Mar 5, 2010

ysun wrote:

Ethan Tian wrote:

我要是能够给wipo这些网站翻译这些就有得挣的了。

通常翻译专利都是申请人或其委托的律师事务所的责任。WIPO没有义务找人翻译它所公开的专利或专利申请书。但是,你所翻译的专利或专利申请书被收入WIPO或USPTO的资料库,也并非什么高不可攀的事情。

对于一名母语是中文的翻译而言,最好还是先从英译中开始做。等到英语达到一定水平之后,再开始做中译英。毕竟对于母语是中文的翻译而言,英译中比中译英要容易得多,质量也容易保证。很难想象连英译中都做不好的人(泛指),中译英的水平反而会很高。


确实应该先做英文到中文的翻译,就是现在多是中文到英文的,英文到中文比较少。英文最大的问题就是有时候看不懂,中文表达出来也觉得不地道,看来还需多下功夫啊。


 

ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
来日方长 Mar 5, 2010

Ethan Tian wrote:

确实应该先做英文到中文的翻译,就是现在多是中文到英文的,英文到中文比较少。英文最大的问题就是有时候看不懂,中文表达出来也觉得不地道,看来还需多下功夫啊。

看得出来,你是个虚心好学的年轻人。大家都会乐意帮助。有些人貌似向人请教,但实际上只是作秀,只想听赞美之声,并不虚心接受别人意见。结果适得其反。

找项目不能光依赖于ProZ的广告,而应直接与翻译社多联系。一时也许不奏效,但坚持下去总会成功。其实做中译英更关键的是中文水平。所以在提高英文水平的同时,仍应注意继续提高中文水平。


 

Ethan Tian  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:06
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx Mar 9, 2010

ysun wrote:

Ethan Tian wrote:

确实应该先做英文到中文的翻译,就是现在多是中文到英文的,英文到中文比较少。英文最大的问题就是有时候看不懂,中文表达出来也觉得不地道,看来还需多下功夫啊。

看得出来,你是个虚心好学的年轻人。大家都会乐意帮助。有些人貌似向人请教,但实际上只是作秀,只想听赞美之声,并不虚心接受别人意见。结果适得其反。

找项目不能光依赖于ProZ的广告,而应直接与翻译社多联系。一时也许不奏效,但坚持下去总会成功。其实做中译英更关键的是中文水平。所以在提高英文水平的同时,仍应注意继续提高中文水平。


Sun sir说的是到目录里面去搜公司,然后遍地撒网吗?那看来还得专门找个时候搜索合适的对象扔简历,不过还是得抓能力,不然有合适的粥也喝不下去,或者喝得很辛苦。:)


 

ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
也得有一定的针对性 Mar 9, 2010

Ethan Tian wrote:

Sun sir说的是到目录里面去搜公司,然后遍地撒网吗?那看来还得专门找个时候搜索合适的对象扔简历

不是盲目地遍地撒网,也得有一定的针对性。不同翻译社的业务往往也有不同的侧重点,要找对路的。所以你到目录里去搜索公司时,也得设定一定的标准。关键在于,一旦有客户对你感兴趣,就要全力以赴抓住它。逐渐建立起一批稳定的客户。


 
Pages in topic:   < [1 2]


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

one ends的问题

Advanced search






TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search