Thread poster: Kvasir
Kvasir
Kvasir
Canada
Local time: 02:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
Apr 15, 2003

I\'m looking for a software or program that would convert instantly any chinese text input, but not an entire file, into desired coding such as big5, unicode or iso. The program should display the actual code conversion allowing easy copy and paste into an html text file.

Any help is appreciated thankx,

-Kvasir

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
MS Word 2000, NJ Star, TwinBridge, etc. Apr 22, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-04-15 21:08, Kvasir wrote:

I\'m looking for a software or program that would convert instantly any chinese text input, but not an entire file, into desired coding such as big5, unicode or iso. The program should display the actual code conversion allowing easy copy and paste into an html text file.

-Kvasir

Hi Kvasir,
... See more
Quote:

On 2003-04-15 21:08, Kvasir wrote:

-Kvasir

Hi Kvasir,

If you use MS Word 2000, just highlight the desired text, and then go to \"工具(T)\"----> \"语言(L)“----〉\"中文简繁转换(N)\". The conversion of the colored text into Big 5 is done within seconds. The same is true for NJ Star , TwinBridge, and many other Chinese softwares.

All in all, it\'s really duck soup for you.

HTH

Betty
Collapse

Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:25
English to Chinese
And the formats? May 11, 2003

Recently I tried to convert SC htm files into TC. It became quite complicated. Do NJStar or TwinBridge support direct htm conversion?

Kvasir
Kvasir
Canada
Local time: 02:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
coding htm files May 11, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-05-11 16:12, Li-chuan wrote:

Recently I tried to convert SC htm files into TC. It became quite complicated. Do NJStar or TwinBridge support direct htm conversion?

conversion of actual text between SC and TC is quite easy. but yes, the codes themselves is another story.

i don\'t have any of the conventional chinese inputting software like NJstar or twinbridg... See more
Quote:

conversion of actual text between SC and TC is quite easy. but yes, the codes themselves is another story.

i don\'t have any of the conventional chinese inputting software like NJstar or twinbridge, and i\'m still using win98.

For now i\'m using a software called Global Writer, a program allowing inputting of 100s of languages. I can type in the text and then save the document in txt format. Then i can extract the code when i view the text file in a web browser. Then i can just copy and paste the code onto my htm document.

it\'s a pain in the *ss. That\'s the only way i know how... for now.

-kvasir

Collapse

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:25
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Laurie, May 11, 2003

Quote:

Hi Laurie,

Nice to meet you again .

Yes, both of them do. IMHO, NJStar is more functional.

P.S. Your new pic is awesome!

BR,
... See more
Quote:

Hi Laurie,

Nice to meet you again .

Yes, both of them do. IMHO, NJStar is more functional.

P.S. Your new pic is awesome!

BR,

Betty

[ This Message was edited by: BBW C.Tran,ATIO on 2003-05-11 17:44] ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese coding conversion program

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »