How to open Trados
Thread poster: microbe
microbe
microbe
Local time: 17:01
English to Chinese
Apr 4, 2003

I can\'t open Trados after downloading it because the executive file is not available in my computer.

Please kindly inform what file is needed and where to get it. Tks in advance.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:01
English to German
+ ...
Did you install it? Apr 4, 2003

Hi.

You mention that you downloaded the software - did you also install it afterwards? (If I remember correctly, the download file is a zip archive.)

Once you have installed the software, you should have the commmands in the Start menu.

Note that without a hardware key (\"dongle\"), most components will only run in demo mode.

HTH - Ralf

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
Check if the file you have downloaded has the same size as the original file Apr 5, 2003

Sometimes it happens that a file is not downloaded completely, even if the download window says so. In this case, even if 6,11 MB out of 6,20 MB were downloaded, the file is useless. Check if your file has the same size with the original (the original size should be displayed when you open the download window. If it does not have the same size, you will have to download the file once again.

microbe
microbe
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
my mistake Apr 6, 2003

hello,

i am terribly sorry for that i mistook trados tutorials for trados. by the way, is trados free to download? if not, how much does it cost?

thank you for your patience.

Quote:

On 2003-04-04 13:53, Lemster wrote:

Hi.

You mention that you downloaded the software - did you also install it afterwards? (If I remember correctly, the download file is a zip arc... See more
hello,

i am terribly sorry for that i mistook trados tutorials for trados. by the way, is trados free to download? if not, how much does it cost?

Quote:

On 2003-04-04 13:53, Lemster wrote:

Hi.

You mention that you downloaded the software - did you also install it afterwards? (If I remember correctly, the download file is a zip archive.)

Once you have installed the software, you should have the commmands in the Start menu.

Note that without a hardware key (\"dongle\"), most components will only run in demo mode.

HTH - Ralf

Collapse

microbe
microbe
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
my mistake Apr 6, 2003

hello,

Quote:

On 2003-04-05 05:15, eli wrote:

Sometimes it happens that a file is not downloaded completely, even if the download window says so. In this case, even if 6,11 MB out of 6,20 MB were downloa... See more
hello,

Quote:

On 2003-04-05 05:15, eli wrote:

Sometimes it happens that a file is not downloaded completely, even if the download window says so. In this case, even if 6,11 MB out of 6,20 MB were downloaded, the file is useless. Check if your file has the same size with the original (the original size should be displayed when you open the download window. If it does not have the same size, you will have to download the file once again.

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Download is free - but only demo mode is possible Apr 6, 2003

Hi \'microbe\'

[quote]

by the way, is trados free to download? if not, how much does it cost?

[quote]

Trados comes in different versions; I guess you\'d be looking for the Freelance version. AFAIK that\'s available for download from TranslationZone - but as I said in my initial answer, without a hardware key (\"dongle\"), most components will only run in demo mode. That dongle represents the licence; you will receive it when purchasing the software.

Check TranslationZone and the Trados site for more details.

Best regards, Ralf

[ This Message was edited by: Lemster on 2003-04-06 09:48]

[ This Message was edited by: Lemster on 2003-04-06 09:49]

microbe
microbe
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
gratitude Apr 8, 2003

Thank you very much for your instructive message.

[quote]

On 2003-04-06 09:47, Lemster wrote:

Hi \'microbe\'

[quote]

by the way, is trados free to download? if not, how much does it cost?

Quote:

Trados comes in different versions; I guess you\'d be looking for the Freelance version. AFAIK that\'s available for download from TranslationZone - but as I said in my initial answer, without a hardware key (\"dongle\"), most components will only run in demo mode. That dongle represents the licence; you will receive it when purchasing the software.

Check TranslationZone and the Trados site for more details.

Best regards, Ralf

[ This Message was edited by: Lemster on 2003-04-06 09:48]

[ This Message was edited by: Lemster on 2003-04-06 09:49]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »