Thread poster: Gabriela Lozano
Gabriela Lozano
Gabriela Lozano  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:56
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2003

Hello! I have just installed Trados 5.0. I know it must be something basic, but I can\'t find the way to open Word and Workbench and have them both visible at the same time. One of them disappears when I click the other with the mouse. I don\'t know if it works this way or if I\'m doing something wrong. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Frank Bremster
Frank Bremster  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:56
German
+ ...
Basic Windows Mar 20, 2003

Hi Gabriella,

Open both workspace and word.

Klick on the middle one of the three icons on the top right side of your word window (the two little windows). The word window should be smaller now. Now klick on the blue header and move the window, so that the bottom part of it touches the bar at the bottom of the screen (where start is located). Now move the cursor to the top edge of the word window, until it changes to a cursor with two arrows and drag the the window down to the
... See more
Hi Gabriella,

Klick on the middle one of the three icons on the top right side of your word window (the two little windows). The word window should be smaller now. Now klick on the blue header and move the window, so that the bottom part of it touches the bar at the bottom of the screen (where start is located). Now move the cursor to the top edge of the word window, until it changes to a cursor with two arrows and drag the the window down to the size at which you see the workbench. The workbench is located on the top part of the screen. In the end you have the workbench and word running next to each other and not on top of each other.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Frank

[ This Message was edited by: frankbr on 2003-03-20 22:46]
Collapse

Raúl Waldman
Raúl Waldman
Argentina
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Checking 'Pin on Top' Mar 21, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-03-20 19:02, lozano wrote:

Hello! I have just installed Trados 5.0. I know it must be something basic, but I can\'t find the way to open Word and Workbench and have them both visible at the same time. One of them disappears when I click the other with the mouse. I don\'t know if it works this way or if I\'m doing something wrong. Thanks to everyone in advance!

Gabriela:
<... See more
Quote:

On 2003-03-20 19:02, lozano wrote:

Gabriela:

I don\'t know Trados 5.0, but Trados 5.5 has an option named \'Pin on Top\'. You should check the box \'Pin on Top\' in the \'View\' menu in order to avoid Workbench disappear whenever you click something in Word.

I think that Trados 5.0 must have something similar to that.

BTW: the \'Pin on Top\' feature in Trados 5.5 is rigid, i. e. when you need to display Word or something else on the whole screen, you must first minimizing Workbench manually; otherwise Workbench will superimpose on anything.

¡Suerte, colega!

Raúl Waldman. ▲ Collapse

Gabriela Lozano
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
workbench and word Mar 21, 2003

Frank, you are great! You have made yourself clear very well. Thanks a lot.

Gabriela

Quote:

On 2003-03-20 22:44, frankbr wrote:

Hi Gabriella,

Klick on the middle one of the three icons on the top right side of your word window (the two little windows). The word window should be smaller now. Now klick on the blue header and move the window, so that the bottom par... See more
Frank, you are great! You have made yourself clear very well. Thanks a lot.

Gabriela

Quote:

On 2003-03-20 22:44, frankbr wrote:

Hi Gabriella,

Klick on the middle one of the three icons on the top right side of your word window (the two little windows). The word window should be smaller now. Now klick on the blue header and move the window, so that the bottom part of it touches the bar at the bottom of the screen (where start is located). Now move the cursor to the top edge of the word window, until it changes to a cursor with two arrows and drag the the window down to the size at which you see the workbench. The workbench is located on the top part of the screen. In the end you have the workbench and word running next to each other and not on top of each other.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Frank

[ This Message was edited by: frankbr on 2003-03-20 22:46]

Collapse

Gabriela Lozano
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workbench and Word Mar 24, 2003

Raúl: Muchísimas gracias!

Cariños

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench and Word

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »