Thread poster: Psytrans
Psytrans
Psytrans
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:40
German to English
+ ...
Mar 6, 2003

When I click T-window Open/Get in a PP document, I get two error messages. The first is \"initialising error\" number 7. The second message is a \"run-time error 91: Object variable or with block variable not set\". Has anyone come across these before?

I\'m using TRADOS 5.5 Freelance and Microsoft Office 2000. I\'d really appreciate any help. Have checked the messages and the TRADOS and Yahoo user groups messages, but to no avail. TIA

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:40
English to German
+ ...
Contact Trados Support Mar 6, 2003

Hi Fiona,

I found a couple of articles on the Trados Knowledge Base:

support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=590

I\'d be careful with this, since it involves editing the Windows Registry. Maybe you try this one first:

I remembe
... See more
Hi Fiona,

I found a couple of articles on the Trados Knowledge Base:

I\'d be careful with this, since it involves editing the Windows Registry. Maybe you try this one first:

I remember having a similar problem with a file, as a result of an embedded picture. If you can identify the \"culprit\" (split the .ppt in half and check if the problem persists on both halves - keep splitting until you identify the slide, assuming the problem doesn\'t extend throughout the presentation), you could cut it, translate the slideshow and re-insert it.

HTH - best, Ralf

Collapse

Psytrans
Psytrans
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks very much, Ralf. Mar 6, 2003

Thanks so much. I\'ll know what to do if this happens again. Now I have unavailable fonts in the document. Aarrghh. This seems to be a common problem, though. Will check the forums.

Fiona

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:40
English to German
+ ...
That one's simple... Mar 6, 2003

...have a look at:

support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=478

When replacing, choose an unusual font that isn\'t already used in the presentation - this will make it easier for your customer to identify and reverse the changes when you deliver the file.

Psytrans
Psytrans
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Mar 6, 2003

It was easy. I\'m so pleased! Managed to find it in the forums and was very quick to solve.

I wonder what error\'s going to be next...

Thanks for all your help,

Fiona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

T-window for powerpoint - run-time error 91

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »