Problem cleaning up a document in TRADOS 5.5 (Freelance)
Thread poster: A. Deb
A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2003

Hi.

Can anybody help me? I\'ve just finished translating a rather long Word document and am trying to clean it up. The clean-up process starts when it gets to about 29%, I get a Tw4Win dialog box saying \"This program has performed an inadmissiable operation and will be interrupted. If the problem perists, consult the program provider\" (my version is in Spanish). The details of the error are as follows:

TW4WIN provocó un error de página no válida
... See more
Hi.

Can anybody help me? I\'ve just finished translating a rather long Word document and am trying to clean it up. The clean-up process starts when it gets to about 29%, I get a Tw4Win dialog box saying \"This program has performed an inadmissiable operation and will be interrupted. If the problem perists, consult the program provider\" (my version is in Spanish). The details of the error are as follows:

TW4WIN provocó un error de página no válida en el

módulo MSVCRT.DLL de 0177:78012468.

Registros:

EAX=00000075 CS=0177 EIP=78012468 EFLGS=00010216

EBX=01edc3dc SS=017f ESP=006fee0c EBP=006fee14

ECX=3ffac7e2 DS=017f ESI=02c8008d FS=5817

EDX=00000001 ES=017f EDI=02c80000 GS=0000

Bytes en CS:EIP:

,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x

Volcado de pila:

,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x

And then I have no option but to press the CLOSE button. I\'ver tried saving the document as .rtf before cleaning, reorganising the TM, but neither has worked. Please can anybody help?

Thanks for your time.

Ana
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do not clean in Workbench Mar 5, 2003

but use a Word macro for this purpose.

It works, and more - it does not (almost) change any formating in Word.

To use it press ALT+F8 and then select tw4winClean.Main and let it run.

That´s all - there should be no errors, it runs very quick. The only thing you should be aware of, is that in fact you do not actualise your TM in this way, so if you need to do some changes on translation units, this must be done BEFORE cleaing by means of OPENIN
... See more
but use a Word macro for this purpose.

It works, and more - it does not (almost) change any formating in Word.

To use it press ALT+F8 and then select tw4winClean.Main and let it run.

That´s all - there should be no errors, it runs very quick. The only thing you should be aware of, is that in fact you do not actualise your TM in this way, so if you need to do some changes on translation units, this must be done BEFORE cleaing by means of OPENING a TU (ALT+POS1) and properly closing it with saving in TM (ALT+END).

HTH

Jerzy
Collapse

Henk Peelen
Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
alternative? Mar 5, 2003

Perhaps an alternative method works:

There is an alternative for cleaning up: just stay in the Word file, press Alt+F8 (simultaneously) and scroll to \"tw4winClean.Main\" (or press \"t\" and the arrow-down button twice) and click on \"execute\" (or just press \"Enter\" cause \"execute\" is preselected). (At least, I think this button is named \"execute\" in the English version. \"run\" is also possible.)

I found out that this method is easier in the cas
... See more
Perhaps an alternative method works:

There is an alternative for cleaning up: just stay in the Word file, press Alt+F8 (simultaneously) and scroll to \"tw4winClean.Main\" (or press \"t\" and the arrow-down button twice) and click on \"execute\" (or just press \"Enter\" cause \"execute\" is preselected). (At least, I think this button is named \"execute\" in the English version. \"run\" is also possible.)

I found out that this method is easier in the case you have to clean up just the Word file you have opened just now.

NOTE, HOWEVER, that your TM is not updated and the head and foot texts are not cleaned together with the main text. You have to clean them seperately by accessing them.

Maybe this method gives the same problem. I don\'t know.
Collapse

A. Deb
A. Deb  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many Thanks! Mar 5, 2003

Many thanks to both of you for your helpful suggestions. I used Jerzy\'s method and it worked like a dream! I\'m really grateful.

Ana

Sysser Waspe (X)
Sysser Waspe (X)  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
Trados problem Mar 5, 2003

Hi Ana

Perhaps have a look at the archive at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_Users

it is crammed with info re Trados problems and solutions

Perhaps join the group as well. It is such a friendly and helpful group of Trados users, but it is not run by Trados.

go well

Sysser

English>Danish

... See more
Hi Ana

Perhaps have a look at the archive at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TW_Users

it is crammed with info re Trados problems and solutions

Perhaps join the group as well. It is such a friendly and helpful group of Trados users, but it is not run by Trados.

go well

Sysser

English>Danish

<[email protected]>

===============================

Quote:

On 2003-03-05 20:23, Ana D. wrote:

Hi.

TW4WIN provocó un error de página no válida en el

módulo MSVCRT.DLL de 0177:78012468.

Registros:

EAX=00000075 CS=0177 EIP=78012468 EFLGS=00010216

EBX=01edc3dc SS=017f ESP=006fee0c EBP=006fee14

ECX=3ffac7e2 DS=017f ESI=02c8008d FS=5817

EDX=00000001 ES=017f EDI=02c80000 GS=0000

Bytes en CS:EIP:

,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x ,02x

Volcado de pila:

,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x ,08x

And then I have no option but to press the CLOSE button. I\'ver tried saving the document as .rtf before cleaning, reorganising the TM, but neither has worked. Please can anybody help?

Thanks for your time.

Ana

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem cleaning up a document in TRADOS 5.5 (Freelance)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »