How do I repair/salvage... a corrupted MultiTerm 5 database?
Thread poster: Vincent MAELSTAF (X)
Vincent MAELSTAF (X)
Vincent MAELSTAF (X)
Local time: 22:10
English to French
Feb 14, 2003

Hi!

My MultiTerm5 database became corrupted -program freezes when creating index, and has WorkBench stop and insert a pair of curled brackets when I try to open a TU in the Word document- Is there any way to repair or export and import again in a blank MultiTerm like you do with corrupted TMs? I am not familiar with the export/import process with MultiTem 5 so I would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Many thanks in advance,

Vincent

pkb (X)
pkb (X)

Local time: 21:10
French to English
Send it to Trados support Feb 16, 2003

Vincent,

I see you haven\'t had a reply yet, so I will give you my solution.

Zip up the memory (all 6 or 7 files) and send it to [email protected] with a very polite message asking if they can sort it out. They usually send you back a txt file that you can import into a new memory within a couple of hours.

Good luck.

Philip

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I repair/salvage... a corrupted MultiTerm 5 database?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »