Thread poster: Zhoudan
Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:09
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 4, 2003

Can anyone help me out of this problem?

I am translating a file from English into Chinese using LocKit 1.4.3. The source window and the navigator window display normally, and the Trados workbench starts normally. The target window can display English normally but not Chinese characters. When I type in Chinese characters in the target window, it shows a string of squares. This is the first time that I use LocKit 1.4.3 and I really do not understand what has happened. I checked the User\
... See more
Can anyone help me out of this problem?

I am translating a file from English into Chinese using LocKit 1.4.3. The source window and the navigator window display normally, and the Trados workbench starts normally. The target window can display English normally but not Chinese characters. When I type in Chinese characters in the target window, it shows a string of squares. This is the first time that I use LocKit 1.4.3 and I really do not understand what has happened. I checked the User\'s Guide and could not figure out the cause.

I use Trados 5.5 freelance, windows 98, LocKit 1.4.3, Office 2000.

Thank you in advance!

Zhou Dan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese characters do not display properly in LocKit 1.4.3

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »