Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:00
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dec 19, 2002

Dear Trados experts,

I am experiencing a strange problem with Trados with files that come from the same company. After I finish the translation, I go and clean it up. When I try to open the file after it is cleaned, the file is disappeared! I can only see an uncleaned back up file. If I save the back up file as a MS word format, and try to clean it again, same thing will happen. However, if I save the file as an rtf format and try to clean it up, things will be fine and I do not se
... See more
Dear Trados experts,

I am experiencing a strange problem with Trados with files that come from the same company. After I finish the translation, I go and clean it up. When I try to open the file after it is cleaned, the file is disappeared! I can only see an uncleaned back up file. If I save the back up file as a MS word format, and try to clean it again, same thing will happen. However, if I save the file as an rtf format and try to clean it up, things will be fine and I do not see the source language.

Why is this happening? Has anybody else experienced something like that? Are there any solutions?

Thank you very much for your help.

Monika

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-19 20:51]
Collapse

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 19:00
English to French
+ ...
directories Dec 19, 2002

Have you tried to look for the new files somewhere else on your hard disk? Maybe Trados puts them in another place.

Frank Bremster
Frank Bremster  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:00
German
+ ...
Had the same problem Dec 19, 2002

I had the same problem. The Trados support told me to download and install patch KB1111. Now it works. I don`t remember the link anymore, but look on the Trados page itself or Translationzone.

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you Dec 20, 2002

Thank you Frank, I will contact Trados.

Quote:

On 2002-12-19 23:24, frankbr wrote:

I had the same problem. The Trados support told me to download and install patch KB1111. Now it works. I don`t remember the link anymore, but look on the Trados page itself or Translationzone.

Also, thank you Arnaud. I actually have checked, but could not find the files anywhere... I was so happy to see at least a back ... See more
Thank you Frank, I will contact Trados.

Quote:

On 2002-12-19 23:24, frankbr wrote:

Also, thank you Arnaud. I actually have checked, but could not find the files anywhere... I was so happy to see at least a back up file

Thank you both for your time,

Monika

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:00
English to German
+ ...
More info, please... Dec 20, 2002

Hi Monika,

Can you give us some more information, please?

- Which version of Trados are you using?

- Which file type are you cleaning up?

- Are you using Workspace to clean up, or do you try to clean up from within Workbench?

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
More info... Dec 20, 2002

Hello Ralf,

I use Trados 5.5

Normal MS word files

- Are you using Workspace to clean up, or do you try to clean up from within Workbench?

I tried to clean up within Workbench.

Thank you,

Monika

Monika Coulson
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
More info... Dec 20, 2002

Hello Ralf,

I use Trados 5.5

Normal MS word files

I tried to clean up within Workbench.

Thank you,

Monika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Strange problem with Trados - it only saves the text as rtf

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »