Question: Checking file statistics item \"Modified\" directly in OutlookExpress
Thread poster: Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:31
English to German
+ ...
Nov 24, 2002

Is it possible to check, when a file (e-mail attachment) was Modified directly in OutlookExpress without opening or saving the file?

My question points to the following problem: When I save a Word file from OutlookExpress to a folder, the date of \"Modified\"(I have German Windows 98, so in German it´s \"Geändert am\") both in WindowsExplorer and in Word is always the current date. Is there any possibility to find out directly in OutlookExpress or maybe in another e-mail client or fi
... See more
Is it possible to check, when a file (e-mail attachment) was Modified directly in OutlookExpress without opening or saving the file?

My question points to the following problem: When I save a Word file from OutlookExpress to a folder, the date of \"Modified\"(I have German Windows 98, so in German it´s \"Geändert am\") both in WindowsExplorer and in Word is always the current date. Is there any possibility to find out directly in OutlookExpress or maybe in another e-mail client or file manager, when this file was modified actually the last time? I can only find out, when the file was actually created, but I need to find out, when this file was changed the last time by the person, who sent me the file. Any help would be appreciated.

The option of opening the file in OutlookExpress without saving it to a folder does not work, since the date of \"Modified\" is always the current date.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-25 09:05 ]
Collapse

ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:31
Japanese to French
Just open it... Nov 25, 2002

I mean don\'t save it in Outlook, select the option to open it directly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question: Checking file statistics item \"Modified\" directly in OutlookExpress

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »