Problem with dowloading Norton Antivirus update
Thread poster: Halina Arendt
Halina Arendt
Halina Arendt  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:55
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 26, 2001

My subscriber number gets rejected upon trying to download an update. In the past Symantec issued a different number for me every month, but this time the message said: \"The Lrsetup.exe file can be used by you if your subscription expires prematurely\" followed by an URL, where supposedly I can get it from. I tried and failed to download the file, but am not sure if this is what I need. Any suggestions?

Halina

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:55
English to German
+ ...
More info... Nov 26, 2001

Hi Halina,

Can you give us a bit more background:

- Are you trying to download an *update* (=new program version), or new virus definitions (\"live update\")?

- Which version of NAV are you using?

BTW - have you tried the FAQ list / online support on the Symantec website? My experience with their responses so far has been rather good.

Halina Arendt
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More info... Dec 3, 2001

Hello Ralf,

Thanks for your response. I tried to download live update to my NAV 2000. I renewed my annual subscribtion to it in June. I sent another email to Symantec some time ago, but have had no response. I have looked up their site, but it got me nowhere... The problem seems to be unique.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
I surrender... Dec 3, 2001

...sorry, Halina, but as far as NAV2000 is concerned, I cannot share any experience. Maybe the quick response from Symantec was due to the fact that I have a Corporate License (which is, unsurprisingly, a bit more expensive...).

Sorry I can\'t help you there - the only other idea I have is to call their country-specific helpline. Bring along a good book, though... this might take some time...

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
I had this problem a while back too... Dec 4, 2001

And wrote Symantec an e-mail describing what was going on. They sent me a new number, I plugged it in and everything worked again. I think I got the e-mail address from their Web site.

HTH

Alison

Halina Arendt
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I've gone through this and now reached a stalemate Dec 6, 2001

I had several new numbers - a new one each month till eventually they stopped supplying them and I have no replies to my emails. How\'s that for customer services?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with dowloading Norton Antivirus update

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »