Spell check nightmare in Trados TagEditor
Thread poster: ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)
ALAIN COTE (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:17
Japanese to French
Nov 13, 2002

I am using the Japanese version of Trados 5.5, and in Tag Editor I selected the option \"Word spelling checker\" in the Plug-ins Tab.

I translate from Japanese to French, and though the spell checker functions very well in Word, such is not the case in TagEditor.

Basically, the problem is that the spell checker cannot recognize French words with diacritical marks... For example, in the word \"éternel\", the letter \"é\" will be ignored and the spell ch
... See more
I am using the Japanese version of Trados 5.5, and in Tag Editor I selected the option \"Word spelling checker\" in the Plug-ins Tab.

I translate from Japanese to French, and though the spell checker functions very well in Word, such is not the case in TagEditor.

Basically, the problem is that the spell checker cannot recognize French words with diacritical marks... For example, in the word \"éternel\", the letter \"é\" will be ignored and the spell checker will propose a correction for the word \"ternel\"...

Any idea how I could solve this problem ?

For the moment, I translate the html files in TagEditor, open and correct them in Microsoft FrontPage (where I can use the French spell cheker), then make the corrections one more time in TagEditor... a real nightmare!

I tried TagEditor in both French and Japanese versions of Windows XP (dual boot), without success.

Other (relevant?) technical details : Office XP in the Japanese Windows XP, Office 2000 in French Windows XP.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-13 04:44 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check nightmare in Trados TagEditor

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »