Trados \"headache\"
Thread poster: vtranum
vtranum
vtranum  Identity Verified
Danish to English
+ ...
Oct 30, 2002

Help.....!!

I have been reading and reading and been running through trados for the 100 time, and back to reading again.

anyone who can help me?

I can get it to translate from english to German, but then i realize that it is already setup as default, now i would like to get the programs to translate into a non default language, such as Danish, do i need to build a whole new vocabulary in Danish/English or? is there just an easier way to do it?

claude
claude
Thailand
Local time: 16:43
English to French
Maybe ... Oct 30, 2002

I don\'t understand the question but when you create a new translation memory (file-new), the first thing you do is selecting source and target languages. You can\'t change the language pair of an existing memory, I suppose.

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:43
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Installation Oct 30, 2002

If you got the Freelance version, when you installed the software it should have prompted you to choose five languages... If you did so, you may be choose Danish, English, German and perharps two more languages.

If you did so *and Danish is the language you want to use, just create a new memory based on an older one (that is, you have to open an old Trados file)

File > New > Source Language ENGLISH Target Language DANISH

That\'s all
... See more
If you got the Freelance version, when you installed the software it should have prompted you to choose five languages... If you did so, you may be choose Danish, English, German and perharps two more languages.

If you did so *and Danish is the language you want to use, just create a new memory based on an older one (that is, you have to open an old Trados file)

File > New > Source Language ENGLISH Target Language DANISH

That\'s all...

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados \"headache\"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »