Thread poster: Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:52
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Oct 26, 2002

To all those who every now and then happen to find viruses in their inbox, may I suggest to install one of the many anti-spam utilities that allow to view what messages are awaiting on the POP server to be downloaded, and cancel them directly on the server should they look suspicous or just spam? I think this is the safest way nowadays to avoid downloading viruses. I am not sponsoring any company, but I would be pleased to share my experience and indicate what program I am using by separate e-ma... See more
To all those who every now and then happen to find viruses in their inbox, may I suggest to install one of the many anti-spam utilities that allow to view what messages are awaiting on the POP server to be downloaded, and cancel them directly on the server should they look suspicous or just spam? I think this is the safest way nowadays to avoid downloading viruses. I am not sponsoring any company, but I would be pleased to share my experience and indicate what program I am using by separate e-mail.

Mario Cerutti
Collapse

italia
italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:52
Italian to German
+ ...
Sembra interessante Oct 26, 2002

Ciao Mario, mi hai incuriosito! Che programma mi consiglieresti?

Buon fine settimana!
[addsig]

moxwhite
moxwhite
Local time: 15:52
Italian to English
Sounds great Oct 26, 2002

Ciao Mario,

I would be very grateful for any tips. I\'m sick and tired of receiving an ever increasing amount of junk. (I can think of a better word to describe it beginning with \'c\' but I\'m trying to remember I\'m a lady!) Also, can you tell me the simplest and easiest one to install because I\'m hopeless when it comes to anything technical.

TIA

Margaret

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fight the Viruses with an anti-spam utility

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »