Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:45
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Oct 23, 2002

How can I connect a Windows XP Home PC with an Apple (iMac), running OS 9?

Please provide some tips for settings on both PC and MAC!

I have a small LAN with three PCs, but I´m not able to connect my notebook with an Apple.

MTIA

Jerzy

Marcello Napolitano
Marcello Napolitano
Local time: 10:45
English to Italian
+ ...
Thursby's Dave should work on OS 9 Oct 23, 2002

From what I hear, you can do it with OS 9 using a software program called Dave from Thursby Software

http://www.thursby.com/products/dave.html

I use OS X 10.2 and it has that functionality built-in so I have not tried that software myself.

Alexandra Scott
Alexandra Scott  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:45
Member (2006)
Italian to English
+ ...
Try Dave Oct 23, 2002

My husband set up our home network, consisting of 2 PCs, a Mac and a Macintosh laptop, using some Macintosh software called \"Dave\".

This way we can all share the high-speed internet connection, using a wireless hub.

Libin PhD
Libin PhD  Identity Verified
Chinese to English
+ ...
PC MacLAN will do that for you. Oct 23, 2002

PC MacLAN will do that for you.

If you buy the newest version of PC MacLAN (Version 8.1) and install it on your XP machine, you will be able to connect your Mac to the netword and share files and printer.

The company that develop this software is called Miramar at http://www.miramar.com/

Teh price is $189.00, I believe.

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
I use Thursby's TSStalk Oct 23, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The choice of solution really depends on your need.

In my case, with TSStalk installed on the PC (in a network with 3 MAC\'s) I can access from the PC any file on the MACs and transfer files from the PC to any MAC, as well as share with all machines the same PS printer; the network is done over Ethernet, with all devices linked to an Ethernet hub.

Thursby\'s Dav
... See more
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The choice of solution really depends on your need.

In my case, with TSStalk installed on the PC (in a network with 3 MAC\'s) I can access from the PC any file on the MACs and transfer files from the PC to any MAC, as well as share with all machines the same PS printer; the network is done over Ethernet, with all devices linked to an Ethernet hub.

Thursby\'s Dave will allow you instead to access the PC from any MAC in the network.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I´ll try DAve and PC MACLAN Oct 23, 2002

and put some feedback afterwards.

Many thanks to all of you for your postings.

This is, what makes ProZ UNIQUE - the only place, where you can ask and are heard by otheres, who care about your problems and are ready to share own experiences.

Best

Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

LAN with Apple and PC

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »