How to send an email to 85 people all together once?
Thread poster: Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 07:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 3, 2002

I have a problem sending an email to 85 participants in our project. So i send the same email twice. Can I do it one time?!

Sorry, I am not Internet wizard!

cheungmo
cheungmo
English to French
+ ...
It depends one what program you're using... Sep 4, 2002

Usually, this is done by using the \"BCC\" feature in internet e-mail.

Internet e-mail is sent to a recipient, identified by the \"To:\" field. You can also send a copy to someone else by putting their address in the \"CC:\" field (CC=carbon copy) but everyone who receives it will also receive the address of whoever else is in the CC field.

To solve this problem, the \"BCC\" field was developped (BCC=blind carbon c
... See more
Usually, this is done by using the \"BCC\" feature in internet e-mail.

Internet e-mail is sent to a recipient, identified by the \"To:\" field. You can also send a copy to someone else by putting their address in the \"CC:\" field (CC=carbon copy) but everyone who receives it will also receive the address of whoever else is in the CC field.

To solve this problem, the \"BCC\" field was developped (BCC=blind carbon copy). A copy of the message is sent to everyone in the BCC field but none of them receives the list of addresses.

Usually (but not all the time: that\'s why it would be good to know the e-mail software you are using), addresses are seperated by a \";\" like so: [email protected];[email protected];[email protected]

Also, most e-mail programs allow you to send to a class of recipients. If the 85 persons are in the e-mail program\'s address book but in a special section of the address book, you can sometimes send to everyone in that section with one command. How this is done varies from program to program however.

What program are you using?

Pierre

Collapse

Amer al-Azem
Amer al-Azem
Palestine
Local time: 07:04
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Your explanation was very helpful ,cheungmo.Thank you. Sep 5, 2002

I have read your explanation carefully.I think i can make it now! I think I was not doing it properly last times. I promise I will this time. But if it does not work, I will come back to you!. OK?!

Y

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to send an email to 85 people all together once?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »