Jessica Klingberg
Jessica Klingberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:46
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2002

I have a few questions regarding bids. Please forgive me if these questions have been asked already, I still consider myself new here.

Oftentimes, the person posting the job offer will ask that resumes or other info, such as a short translation, be included with the bid. An e-mail address is provided to this end. Is it possible to attach a resume or other document to a bid sent directly from the ProZ website? Otherwise, do people send a bid from the ProZ website and their
... See more
I have a few questions regarding bids. Please forgive me if these questions have been asked already, I still consider myself new here.

Oftentimes, the person posting the job offer will ask that resumes or other info, such as a short translation, be included with the bid. An e-mail address is provided to this end. Is it possible to attach a resume or other document to a bid sent directly from the ProZ website? Otherwise, do people send a bid from the ProZ website and their resumes separately? (which I would find a bit odd)

And what happens when there is a request for bidders to go to the agency\'s website and apply for a job from there? Would it still be necessary to submit a bid from the ProZ website, or do we save ourselves 100 Brownies/$1 in this case?

Thanks to anyone who clears this up for me!

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:46
English to German
+ ...
Check out FAQ #6 Jul 11, 2002

Here\'s one answer to start with...

Quote:

And what happens when there is a request for bidders to go to the agency\'s website and apply for a job from there? Would it still be necessary to submit a bid from the ProZ website, or do we save ourselves 100 Brownies/$1 in this case?

That would be a direct job (see FAQ 6.4) - i.e. no fee or BrowniZ deducted.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 03:46
SITE FOUNDER
No attached files with bids Jul 12, 2002

You can not attach a file to a bid. But you can paste relevant sections from your resume into the bid form, which is what most people do.

If an agency has asked you to contact them directly, without using the ProZ.com bidding form, that is what you should do. If they have bidding left open, though, you should respect their desire to manage bids from one place.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions on bidding

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »