How to convert hhc and hhk files into RTF?
Thread poster: Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:43
English to Chinese
Jul 3, 2002

Dear All,

I would like to know how to convert .hhc and .hhk files into rtf files, so I can use Trados to translate them.

Best

Li-chuan

Uwe Schwenk (X)
Uwe Schwenk (X)
Local time: 07:43
English to German
HHC and HHK files Jul 3, 2002

Li-Chuan,

there is no need to convert the files. Use the Tag Editor, it will take care of this one, by creating a TTX file, when translating. Afterwards just clean up the TTX files and you have your translated HHC and HHK files.

HTH

Uwe

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:43
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
ITP FilterPack Jul 3, 2002

Or use ITP FilterPack to convert. I always duplicate the extension (e.g., rename index.hhc to index.hhc.hhc or indexhhc.hhc) because files often have the same \"first name\" and are distinguished only by the hhc or hhk extension. FilterPack does strip the (last) extension and replaces it with .rtf, so it\'s important to make sure you know which file was the hhc, and which was the hhk.

Set FilterPack to \"All Files\" so you can manually choose the hhc and hhk files to convert
... See more
Or use ITP FilterPack to convert. I always duplicate the extension (e.g., rename index.hhc to index.hhc.hhc or indexhhc.hhc) because files often have the same \"first name\" and are distinguished only by the hhc or hhk extension. FilterPack does strip the (last) extension and replaces it with .rtf, so it\'s important to make sure you know which file was the hhc, and which was the hhk.

Set FilterPack to \"All Files\" so you can manually choose the hhc and hhk files to convert.

ITP FilterPack is available, no charge, under the following URL:

http://www.sdlintl.com/products/nav/main.htm

Uwe is, of course, correct, and you can also use TagEditor. However, I did have some problems with TE in Trados FL 3.0; it kept crashing (apparently a known issue with WinME on some systems, and one that Trados was never able to reproduce to such an extent that they could fix it). That problem was solved by switching to FL 5.5.

But I think it\'s always good to have another option, so you might want to keep FilterPack in mind.

Collapse

Li-chuan Yen
Li-chuan Yen  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:43
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Vielen Dank! Jul 4, 2002

Thanks a lot for the suggestions to both of you. I will definitely try both.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert hhc and hhk files into RTF?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »