If there\'s no commission, why do some outsourcers ask bidders to contact them directly?
Thread poster: Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 21:23
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jun 27, 2002

I don\'t know where to post this question, sorry if it\'s the wrong place.

I wonder why some outsourcers ask bidders to write outside the site. If there\'s no commission... Why?

I think receiving all the bids through ProZ might make it easier to compare different applicants...

Claudia

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:23
SITE FOUNDER
a matter of taste Jun 27, 2002

As we improve the job management functions, more outsourcers are using the ProZ.com \"outsourcer control center\". But many still prefer to use their own interfaces (email inbox, etc.) to screen candidates.

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
Local time: 20:23
English to Italian
+ ...
The Proz.com page for bidding Jun 27, 2002

is very handy from an outsourcer\'s point of view. You have all the information in one compact link. Especially useful, if you have several bids going like I do with Lexi-tech. At a click of the mouse you can inform all applicants that the contract has not been acquired yet and that the bid is still open.

paola l m

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-06-27 16:20 ]

Bertha S. Deffenbaugh
Bertha S. Deffenbaugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
It all depends Jun 28, 2002

It is not easier if you want to take a peek at the applicants resumes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claudia wrote:

I think receiving all the bids through ProZ might make it easier to compare different applicants...

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If there\'s no commission, why do some outsourcers ask bidders to contact them directly?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »