Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor – bulk replace of decimal points by decimal commas?
Thread poster: Jiří Toman
Jiří Toman
Jiří Toman  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:13
English to Czech
+ ...
Dec 6, 2018

Hi all, I have been wondering if someone has already tried to bulk replace decimal points by decimal commas. I have large files that contain around 1000 words in decimal numbers and I have to open every segment and change each decimal point to a decimal comma. I have tried using the bulk find and replace feature with regular expressions, I have found find all of the occurrences, but I don't know how to replace them... it won't let me... any idea? Have someone else tried the same? Is there a way?... See more
Hi all, I have been wondering if someone has already tried to bulk replace decimal points by decimal commas. I have large files that contain around 1000 words in decimal numbers and I have to open every segment and change each decimal point to a decimal comma. I have tried using the bulk find and replace feature with regular expressions, I have found find all of the occurrences, but I don't know how to replace them... it won't let me... any idea? Have someone else tried the same? Is there a way? Thank you in advance for any hint.Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:13
English to Thai
+ ...
Advanced find and replace in MS Office Dec 6, 2018

If your source file is Word, it is quite easy to use the Advanced Find and Replace to insert full stops prior or after translation. Other files do similarly.

I wonder if you do not open all segments, how will you translate in a CAT software.

Soonthon L.

Jiří Toman
Jiří Toman  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:13
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some precisions Dec 6, 2018

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the source files and I won't be working with final target files either.

I know that in Trados Studio, for example, you can bulk insert source text into target segments, is there a similar feature in TW? That would help a bit, but I have not found it yet...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor – bulk replace of decimal points by decimal commas?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »