Catalyst 5.05: conversion to Trados
Thread poster: Marianne Sluyter
Marianne Sluyter
Marianne Sluyter
Local time: 22:22
French to Dutch
+ ...
Jun 2, 2005

Is there, besides buying the standard version, a way to convert ttk files to Trados? Or does anyone with the standard version (not the lite) wants to do that for me? I do have to translate the documentation after the software has been translated in Catalyst.

Thanks in advance for any reactions!

Marianne Sluyter

Natalia Zudaire
Natalia Zudaire  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:22
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
My experience Jun 3, 2005

Marianne Sluyter wrote:

Is there, besides buying the standard version, a way to convert ttk files to Trados? Or does anyone with the standard version (not the lite) wants to do that for me? I do have to translate the documentation after the software has been translated in Catalyst.

Thanks in advance for any reactions!

Marianne Sluyter

I ALWAYS work with Trados T-Windows for Clipboard when using Catalyst.
It slows down a bit the translation, but it pays afterwards (and besides, you get consistency between the string names in the software itself, and those that might appear on the documentation).
What I would do in this case is ask somebody you know who owns Catalyst full version to export your ttk.
I hope this helps you.

Natalia

Marianne Sluyter
Marianne Sluyter
Local time: 22:22
French to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good idea! Jun 3, 2005

[quote]Natalia Zudaire wrote:

I ALWAYS work with Trados T-Windows for Clipboard when using Catalyst.

Thanks for the idea. It's worthwile trying next time. In the meantime, Jaroslav Tomiczek was so kind to convert the files for me.

Marianne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Catalyst 5.05: conversion to Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »