Lost a chosen answer
Thread poster: markaqui
markaqui
markaqui
United States
Local time: 15:33
Spanish to English
Jun 8, 2002

(I posted a similar message to the Spanish Forum and just discovered this forum, a more appropriate space).

I am still new to PROZ. I goofed up this afternoon and sent a Reply through my email system to acknowledge and thank the Asker who chose my answer. I wanted to enter my answer into the glossary but was unable. When I clicked on the question from the PROZ list of questions I found my answer no longer displayed and it did not show that the Asker has chosen an answer.
... See more
(I posted a similar message to the Spanish Forum and just discovered this forum, a more appropriate space).

I am still new to PROZ. I goofed up this afternoon and sent a Reply through my email system to acknowledge and thank the Asker who chose my answer. I wanted to enter my answer into the glossary but was unable. When I clicked on the question from the PROZ list of questions I found my answer no longer displayed and it did not show that the Asker has chosen an answer. This is still the case.

I realize that by responding to an automated system I might have messed things up. Or did I make an etiquette breach by replying like I did?

In the future, if an answer of mine is chosen is there an appropriate way I can thank the Asker?

Many thanks,

Mark

PS. Is there any way to \"recover\" the lost message and put it in the glossary? It is still in my Outlook Express.
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Answers disappear only from the first KudoZ page.... Jun 8, 2002

Hi,

Normally you can click on the link you receive per email with the notification and there you are. If you don\'t do that and navigate to the KudoZ list for, let\'s say, ES>EN, the closed questions should still be there, among the open ones. But only a certain number of questions is displayed per page: have you tried with \"select source lan.\" + \"select target lan.\" + \"closed\" (questions) + \"100\"?? This way you should be able to find the one you are looking for (the
... See more
Hi,

Normally you can click on the link you receive per email with the notification and there you are. If you don\'t do that and navigate to the KudoZ list for, let\'s say, ES>EN, the closed questions should still be there, among the open ones. But only a certain number of questions is displayed per page: have you tried with \"select source lan.\" + \"select target lan.\" + \"closed\" (questions) + \"100\"?? This way you should be able to find the one you are looking for (the latest 100 closed questions for that pair are displayed in chronologial order, the most recent ones on top of the list).

Best,

Giuliana
[addsig]
Collapse

markaqui
markaqui
United States
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem Solved, lesson learned Jun 8, 2002

Giuliana,

Thanks for your reply. I went back to the Kudoz question list and my answer has been restored -- the question is sitll there but it is closed now. I\'m not sure what happened but I won\'t try to reply through email to the Asker in the future! The Etiquette section under Kuzos spells this out well. It\'s a good place for newbies like me to spend a little time and get familiar with the system.

Quote:... See more
Giuliana,

Thanks for your reply. I went back to the Kudoz question list and my answer has been restored -- the question is sitll there but it is closed now. I\'m not sure what happened but I won\'t try to reply through email to the Asker in the future! The Etiquette section under Kuzos spells this out well. It\'s a good place for newbies like me to spend a little time and get familiar with the system.

Quote:

On 2002-06-08 17:55, docgy wrote:

Hi,

Normally you can click on the link you receive per email with the notification and there you are. If you don\'t do that and navigate to the KudoZ list for, let\'s say, ES>EN, the closed questions should still be there, among the open ones.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost a chosen answer

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »