Yuki Okada
Yuki Okada  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:27
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Mar 7, 2018

How do I confirm and move to the next unconfirmed segment in Idiom Worldserver?

I would like to enter a translation, confirm it (commit it to a TM), and jump to the next unconfirmed segment. This corresponds to Ctrl+Enter in Trados.

I can move to the next segment (just below the current one), or jump to the next empty (untranslated) segment. However, I cannot find a way to jump to a fuzzy match segment with some translation (non 100% match) entered by Idiom that needs t
... See more
How do I confirm and move to the next unconfirmed segment in Idiom Worldserver?

I would like to enter a translation, confirm it (commit it to a TM), and jump to the next unconfirmed segment. This corresponds to Ctrl+Enter in Trados.

I can move to the next segment (just below the current one), or jump to the next empty (untranslated) segment. However, I cannot find a way to jump to a fuzzy match segment with some translation (non 100% match) entered by Idiom that needs to be completed by me.

The closest that I can do now is to display only fuzzy matches. But this does not provide the context, and I cannot translate in order with empty segments.

My agency does not know how to do it, or if such a command exists.

My Idiom version is 9.0.1.60 on Windows 10 (I also use it on Windows 7 now).

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Yuki Okada
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:27
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How... Mar 7, 2018

Yuki Okada wrote:
My Idiom version is 9.0.1.60 on Windows 10.

Afterwards, do tell us how on earth you managed to get it working on Windows 10 (-:

Yuki Okada
Yuki Okada  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:27
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Idiom on Win10 Mar 8, 2018

No answer to my question yet, so there is no such command to jump to unconfirmed segment?

Anyway, I can provide an answer to Samuel's question. I followed the following procedures to clean up .NETFramework. This is written for Win8.1 but worked for Win10. It also worked for Win7 but left an issue of netfxupdate.exe trying to make changes to my computer every time I start my Win7 computer. So, proceed with caution.
---
1) Create folder "C:\CleanupTool".

2) D
... See more
No answer to my question yet, so there is no such command to jump to unconfirmed segment?

Anyway, I can provide an answer to Samuel's question. I followed the following procedures to clean up .NETFramework. This is written for Win8.1 but worked for Win10. It also worked for Win7 but left an issue of netfxupdate.exe trying to make changes to my computer every time I start my Win7 computer. So, proceed with caution.
---
1) Create folder "C:\CleanupTool".

2) Download the cleanup tool ZIP file, i.e. file "dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip" (using link from the article, i.e. http://cid-27e6a35d1a492af7.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Blog_Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip).
Save the file to folder "C:\CleanupTool" as "dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip".

3) Unzip the zip file into folder "C:\CleanupTool".
The zip file contains one EXE file and two TXT files.
After this there should be the EXE file there ("C:\CleanupTool\cleanup_tool.exe").

4) Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
A detailed "How to" is here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/elevated-command-prompt-windows-8.htm
It is really important to run the command prompt this way, i.e. with the elevated rights, not in a default way!

5) Change to the directory where the cleanup tool EXE file is stored, i.e. "C:\CleanupTool".
I.e. run the following 2 commands one by one:
c:
cd c:\CleanupTool

6) Run the following 2 commands one by one (use clipboard to copy & paste the commands exactly "as is"):
cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.0"
cleanup_tool.exe /q:a /c:"cleanup.exe /p .NET Framework 1.1"

The second (main) stage is the related to modification of .NET installer and installation of .NET 1.1 SP1.
I.e. the following steps:

7) Create folder "C:\DotNet".

8) Download file "dotnetfx.exe" (using link from the article, i.e. http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en).
Save the file to folder "C:\DotNet" as "dotnetfx.exe" (if the downloaded file is named differently, rename it).

9) Download file "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe" (using link from the article, i.e. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&displaylang=en).
Save the file to folder "C:\DotNet" and rename it to "dotnetfxsp1.exe".
So now there should be 2 EXE files in folder "C:\DotNet".

10) Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
A detailed "How to" is here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/a/elevated-command-prompt-windows-8.htm
It is really important to run the command prompt this way, i.e. with the elevated rights, not in a default way!

11) Change to the directory where the two EXE files are stored, i.e. "C:\DotNet".
I.e. run the following 2 commands one by one:
c:
cd c:\DotNet

12) Run the following 3 commands one by one (use clipboard to copy & paste the commands exactly "as is"):
dotnetfx.exe /c:"msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:\DotNet"
dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp
msiexec.exe /a c:\DotNet\netfx.msi /p c:\DotNet\netfxsp.msp

13) Install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 with slipstreamed Service Pack 1 by running "netfx.msi" from the working folder.
(The file "netfx.msi" should have been created in folder "C:\DotNet" by the above steps and you can run it by selecting a corresponding action from right click menu.)

14) So if you get up to here, you should have the .NET 1.1. SP1 installed at this point and it should be possible to make the last step - i.e. run the DWB installer file.

Once succeeded, you can delete the work folders, i.e. "C:\CleanupTool" and "C:\DotNet".
Collapse

Minh Nguyen
Minh Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 15:27
English to Vietnamese
Instruction Video Apr 13, 2018

I made a short video on how to install Idiom WorldServer Desktop Workbench 9 on Windows 10

https://youtu.be/gYYyZsUWQjM

Maria da Glória Teixeira

Lindgaard
Lindgaard
Local time: 09:27
ctrl + arrow down Dec 23, 2019

I know this an old post, but I figured others might need it. You press ctrl and arrow down to confirm the segment and move on to the next one.

http://kb.stptrans.com/Article.aspx?p=10

Maria da Glória Teixeira

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Idiom Worldserver, Move to the next unconfirmed segment

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »