Trados 6.5.5 making mischief
Thread poster: Stephanie Mitchel
Stephanie Mitchel
Stephanie Mitchel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:12
French to English
May 4, 2005

In this Word document, the tags appear to be intact, but in certain segments the source phrase is displaying alongside the target phrase, and the font is being changed from Times New Roman 10 to Arial 14 bold italics. This is showing up in the Print Preview as well.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:12
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Cleanup May 4, 2005

in certain segments the source phrase is displaying alongside the target phrase

Yes, it happens sometimes, especially in tables. I don't know why. The document should be OK after cleanup.

As for the formatting issue, it usually indicates improper use of styles or Asian origin of the document. You can search the forums for more information.

Stephanie Mitchel
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your response. May 4, 2005

The problem is that I'm supposed to turn this document in uncleaned... I guess I should simply explain this problem to my client and tell them that it should resolve in cleanup.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Cleanup May 4, 2005

I guess I should simply explain this problem to my client and tell them that it should resolve in cleanup.

Sure, but try to clean the document yourself, just to be sure.

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Only a display problem May 5, 2005

It has happened to me too. If you open the segment and close it again, the display should again be normal. I tend to ignore it. It is a glitch that your customer will probably not even see (when he opens the file, the segments will probably be OK) and it will not affect the clean up procedure.

Stephanie Mitchel
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks all. May 5, 2005

I sent my client an excerpt of the segmented text, and she said there were no problems with it after she cleaned it up.

Thanks for your quick replies.

Stephanie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5.5 making mischief

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »