Teangacha (X)
Teangacha (X)  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 19:32
German to English
+ ...
Sep 8, 2017

Hi!

I am presently working in Translation Workspace XLIFF editor and need to merge source segments as the split in sentences will render an improper translation. Can anyone please advice me on how to do this?

This is my first time using TWS, so if anyone can let me know the way to deliver these files, that would be great. I think I know that but just to be sure.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind regards

Irene

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:32
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Irene Sep 8, 2017

Irene3 wrote:
I am presently working in Translation Workspace XLIFF editor and need to merge source segments as the split in sentences will render an improper translation. Can anyone please advice me on how to do this?

I don't know how to do this, but I would assume that if the option Translation > Expand Segment is greyed out, the source text format does not permit merging that particular segment.

Teangacha (X)
Teangacha (X)  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 19:32
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Sep 8, 2017

Thanks very much for your advice, Samuel! I have just checked and the 'expand segment' option is not greyed out so I will try that.

Thank you very much! : )

Kind regards

Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Workspace XLIFF editor - how to merge source segments

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »