Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:50
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 9, 2017

Hello everyone

For the past few months I've been translating/editing a project in Smartling. For this purpose, I extract the text from Smartling, do the translation/editing in Wordfast Classic, and then paste the updated text or translations back into Smartling on a per-segment basis. I do the extracting and pasting using a pair of AutoIt scripts.

It's not ideal, and there is much in Smartling that is unfortunate, but these scripts do help. So, if anyone is intereste
... See more
Hello everyone

For the past few months I've been translating/editing a project in Smartling. For this purpose, I extract the text from Smartling, do the translation/editing in Wordfast Classic, and then paste the updated text or translations back into Smartling on a per-segment basis. I do the extracting and pasting using a pair of AutoIt scripts.

It's not ideal, and there is much in Smartling that is unfortunate, but these scripts do help. So, if anyone is interested, here are the scripts:
http://www.leuce.com/autoit/smartling%20paster%20scripts.zip

You must have AutoIt installed to use them.

Samuel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Extracting and pasting text in Smartling

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »