Which CAT tools for .yml files? Or create new file type in Trados?
Thread poster: Onur Köksüyer
Onur Köksüyer
Onur Köksüyer
Türkiye
Local time: 16:03
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jul 6, 2016

Hello,

I will be working on some .yml files with codes. I don't want to use Notepad+ for this translation, so I'm looking for an alternative. So far I've found Crowdin and Websource. I also know that MemoQ supports that file, but I don't have a Memoq licence yet.

I also saw somewhere that it is possible to use .yml files in Trados (which I have access to), but a new file type should be added?

I'll most likely be working on the files alone, maybe have some o
... See more
Hello,

I will be working on some .yml files with codes. I don't want to use Notepad+ for this translation, so I'm looking for an alternative. So far I've found Crowdin and Websource. I also know that MemoQ supports that file, but I don't have a Memoq licence yet.

I also saw somewhere that it is possible to use .yml files in Trados (which I have access to), but a new file type should be added?

I'll most likely be working on the files alone, maybe have some others helping me out. Crowdin has a very high price, Memsource is a bit more affordable (with a price tag of 20 Euros monthly for freelancers), but I'd like to hear your suggestions for .yml files.

Also, the codes are followed with ":" but sometimes the text has a colon as well. Is there a certain place in Trados where I can arrange that to happen?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which CAT tools for .yml files? Or create new file type in Trados?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »