https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/2977-language_of_interest.html&phpv_redirected=1

Language of interest
Thread poster: Valeria Verona
Valeria Verona
Valeria Verona  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 08:06
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 25, 2002

Hi!

I\'ve seen that some people include languages of interest in their profiles besides working languages. Can anybody tell me how to do that?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,

Valeria

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:06
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Entering "languages of interest" May 25, 2002

In your profile page, click on \"Edit languages\". This brings up a column headed \"Show in profile\" in which you can choose \"Yes\" or \"No\". If you choose \"Yes\", the language pair will come up in the column on the left as a working one. If you choose \"No\", it will be listed as \"of interest\".

(It took me some time myself to work out how to do this but I got there in the end with some help from \"FAQs\".)

Oso (X)
Oso (X)
Spanish
+ ...
Para incluir tus idiomas de interés ¶:^) May 25, 2002

Hola Vale,

Para poder incluir tus idiomas de interés:

1) Ve a tu profile y escoge el modo \"edit profile\" o sea el contrario de \"nomal view\"

2) En el extremo izquierdo verás la opción \"edit languages\" haz click en esas letras rojitas.

3) Selecciona \"add new pair\"

4) Una vez que hayas seleccionado el nuevo par de idiomas te aparecerá
... See more
Hola Vale,

Para poder incluir tus idiomas de interés:

1) Ve a tu profile y escoge el modo \"edit profile\" o sea el contrario de \"nomal view\"

2) En el extremo izquierdo verás la opción \"edit languages\" haz click en esas letras rojitas.

3) Selecciona \"add new pair\"

4) Una vez que hayas seleccionado el nuevo par de idiomas te aparecerá una tabla en la que hay un cuadrito que dice:

\"show in your profile\" \"yes\" o \"no\" con una flechita

5) Escoge \"no\" apretando la flechita

(Si hubieras escogido \"yes\" el nuevo par de idiomas hubiera aparecido en letras negritas y se hubiera añadido como un nuevo \"working pair\" a tu perfil; pero como escogiste \"no\" entonces el nuevo par de idiomas aparece en letras grises como \"idiomas de interés.\")

6) Repite el proceso para añadir toooodos tus idiomas de interés

Buena suerte y saludos del Oso ¶:^)
Collapse

Valeria Verona
Chile
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok! May 25, 2002

Oso, sos un genio!!!!!!

Mil gracias

Un beso,

Vale

Kemal Mustajbegovic
Kemal Mustajbegovic  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:06
English to Croatian
+ ...
In English, please May 25, 2002

Can someone give the answer to Valeria\'s question in English? I can\'t speak Spanish. And I\'m interested in it too.

Thanks a lot!

Valeria Verona
Chile
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Jack! May 25, 2002

How are you? With your answer you helped me and another person that doesn\'t speak Spanish.

Cheers

Val

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language of interest

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »