Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 21:39
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 27, 2015

I received a request for a big project for translation of a whole website and the customer asks me to analyze the files in SDL Trados Studio and then give him a quotation. But when I created a project in Studio and added the files and folders I received the error message that 20 of the files contain other language than English. So these can not be analyzed in Studio.

In AnyCount trial version I am limited to 10 files only.

Then I registered for a trial of MadCap but hav
... See more
I received a request for a big project for translation of a whole website and the customer asks me to analyze the files in SDL Trados Studio and then give him a quotation. But when I created a project in Studio and added the files and folders I received the error message that 20 of the files contain other language than English. So these can not be analyzed in Studio.

In AnyCount trial version I am limited to 10 files only.

Then I registered for a trial of MadCap but have not received any download link yet for the software.

I just need a simple, reliable wordcount software that can handle a mix of 2 languages in HTML files.

What about APSIC Xbench, would that work?
Collapse

Inca Vallès
Inca Vallès  Identity Verified
French to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe webbudget Oct 27, 2015

Maybe freebudget or webbudget would work for you. Otherwise CountAnything should do the trick.

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:39
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
OmegaT Oct 27, 2015

OmegaT won’t care. It will just count the source contents.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
Local time: 21:39
English to Polish
+ ...
Practicount Oct 28, 2015

The latest version is a 30-day trial and will do the trick.

jmorse
jmorse
United States
Trial of MadCap Software tools Nov 6, 2015

Hi Fredrik, I saw your post, and wanted to help. I wanted to resend the trail email with the link to you, but want to be sure we have the correct address for you. I can see the email has been sent, and we have reached out a few times to follow up, but I am concerned you are not receiving them. Please feel free to email me - [email protected], so that we can be sure the correct email was given, and we are happy to resend the... See more
Hi Fredrik, I saw your post, and wanted to help. I wanted to resend the trail email with the link to you, but want to be sure we have the correct address for you. I can see the email has been sent, and we have reached out a few times to follow up, but I am concerned you are not receiving them. Please feel free to email me - [email protected], so that we can be sure the correct email was given, and we are happy to resend the trial links. We are happy to help as you test as well.

Thank you, and hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Morse
MadCap Software
[email protected]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What word count tools are available?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »