Translation Workspace question
Thread poster: Ewan Macdonald
Ewan Macdonald
Ewan Macdonald  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:44
Chinese to English
Oct 24, 2015

(Version: Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor 2.28.3)

Hi all,

Just have a couple questions about Translation Workspace.
Is it possible to save an individual term (not a whole segment) to a term bank? I can't see any option to do so, and I don't have permissions to alter the TM.
Also, is there an autosave function? This seems like such a basic thing but I can't see the option for it anywhere!
Best,
Ewan

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:44
Finnish to French
Not possible to add new term pairs as you translate Oct 24, 2015

I published a video on translating with Translation Workspace XLIFF editor a few months ago and I made the same observation: there is no way the translator can add new term pairs to the selected termbase (or any other termbase, for that matter) "on-the-fly", in the editor. The philosophy of the tool seems to be translators are only supposed to use terminology supplied to them by their client. This is a major drawback (from a translator’... See more
I published a video on translating with Translation Workspace XLIFF editor a few months ago and I made the same observation: there is no way the translator can add new term pairs to the selected termbase (or any other termbase, for that matter) "on-the-fly", in the editor. The philosophy of the tool seems to be translators are only supposed to use terminology supplied to them by their client. This is a major drawback (from a translator’s perspective).

I can’t recall anything about autosave, and my free trial expired long ago. I wouldn’t surprised if there were no such feature.

"Translation Workspace is a great product", says "Freelancer, China" in the Geoworkz blurb. Well, I’d beg to differ...
Collapse

Ewan Macdonald
Ewan Macdonald  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:44
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 25, 2015

Hi Dominique,

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply and linking to the video. As a piece of software, it really seems designed to make things difficult for the translator!

mclavallee

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Workspace question

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »