Thread poster: Marquis
Marquis
Marquis
United States
Local time: 06:03
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 11, 2005

Can one tell who made the changes or edits in a SDLX file?

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:03
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
- Feb 11, 2005

Could you be more specific, please?

Marquis
Marquis
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX files Feb 11, 2005

I edited some SDLX files on my friends computer and was wandering if his name is going to pop up anywhere? Thank you.

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:03
English to German
As far as I know... Feb 11, 2005

Madzior wrote:

I edited some SDLX files on my friends computer and was wandering if his name is going to pop up anywhere? Thank you.

...the name will only be stored when you update your TM (i.e. write the segments into the TM). After that, when a TM match is displayed (e.g. when you do a TM lookup), you can check the segment's properties and see who created and/or last modified the entry. This will be the name used to login on the machine where the TM was updated, I think.

I'm not aware that anyone can tell from the ITD file *only* who "typed" the translation. I guess this is your main concern, isn't it?

However, please don't nail me down on this, it's just what I have experienced so far, and I've used SDLX for pretty long

HTH
Stefan

Marquis
Marquis
United States
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your help Feb 11, 2005

Madzior wrote:

Can one tell who made the changes or edits in a SDLX file?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »