Thread poster: Andrey Lomakin
Andrey Lomakin
Andrey Lomakin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:43
English to Russian
Sep 11, 2015

Hi everyone!

I'm having an error when trying to open a xlf file in XLIFF Editor and when using button "Store, close and open next untranslated segment". The segment just won't close and the status line in the buttom of the screen (left corner) says: "source should not contain g tags at this stage".

Though I'm opening the file with (.xlf) extension...

Here are the screenshots of the error:

... See more
Hi everyone!

I'm having an error when trying to open a xlf file in XLIFF Editor and when using button "Store, close and open next untranslated segment". The segment just won't close and the status line in the buttom of the screen (left corner) says: "source should not contain g tags at this stage".

Though I'm opening the file with (.xlf) extension...

Here are the screenshots of the error:

http://s019.radikal.ru/i611/1509/3f/34269d702224.png

and

http://s017.radikal.ru/i404/1509/f8/301d5643d0dd.png

Will be much grateful if someone could help.

Thanx in advance!
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:43
English to Spanish
<g> tags are OK Sep 11, 2015

Hi,

The pictures you shared indicate that the tool you are using does not support tags from XLIFF standard, which are perfectly fine.

You should either switch to a different XLIFF tool or contact the developer of what you have and ask for support.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Stephanie Busch
Stephanie Busch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:43
English to German
+ ...
Corrupted file? Try a different unzipper Sep 11, 2015

Hi Andrei,

I don't remember encountering this particular error in XLIFF Editor, but I suspect the file may be corrupted.

Were you expecting to receive an .xlz file? As far as I know, that's the only format XLIFF Editor can handle.

What has happened to me a few times was that zipped files emailed to me via outlook would not unzip properly, resulting in .xlf rather than .xlz files.

On my machine this happened when I unzipped the files under Mac O
... See more
Hi Andrei,

I don't remember encountering this particular error in XLIFF Editor, but I suspect the file may be corrupted.

Were you expecting to receive an .xlz file? As far as I know, that's the only format XLIFF Editor can handle.

What has happened to me a few times was that zipped files emailed to me via outlook would not unzip properly, resulting in .xlf rather than .xlz files.

On my machine this happened when I unzipped the files under Mac OSX.

In these cases Windows Explorer was able to unzip them, resulting in .xlz files that did not throw errors in XLIFF Editor.

HTH
Stephanie
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Removing this post otherwise you will reload it even further.
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason:
Manuel Arcedillo
Manuel Arcedillo
Spain
Local time: 11:43
English to Spanish
Are you using LB files? Sep 17, 2015

Hi,

From the data provided above and this other thread about LTB, it seems you are not using files provided by Lionbridge. As far as I know, these tools are not designed for any other xliff flavour.

If they are indeed LB files, you may need to ask them for new files with a proper format for their tools (or use any other CAT environment).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XLIFF Editor Support

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »