Do you know a command line CAT tool ?
Thread poster: Jeremy Ferrero
Aug 4, 2015

A quick question for the geekiest of you

Do you know a CAT tools or other software able to execute a command line ? I mean, a soft able to execute it in a command prompt with the two files to compare as parameters.

Thanks for your time !

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 20:59
Haven't heard of one yet Aug 4, 2015

Hi Jeremy,

I haven't heard of one, but it sounds interesting and cool

These are probably not what you are looking for (they are not command line CAT tools), but this is the closest I could find for command l
... See more
Hi Jeremy,

I haven't heard of one, but it sounds interesting and cool

These are probably not what you are looking for (they are not command line CAT tools), but this is the closest I could find for command line related translation tools:

1) Google Translate to serve as a command-line tool

2) A CLI to sync locale files with webtranslateit.com

Cheers,
Kevin
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:59
English to Spanish
Swordfish Aug 4, 2015

Hi,

Swordfish has a command line interface (CLI) that allows you to batch process files.

Regards,
Rodolfo

Patrick Porter
Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 07:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
Diff Aug 4, 2015

Have you tried the 'diff' utility in Linux? Of course it's not a full fledged CAT tool but it sounds like you are just trying to compare two files, not necessarily query a TM or other database. In any case, diff or something like it might be a starting point, and you may be able to script together additional functionality if needed.

John Holland
John Holland  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:59
French to English
Maybe an aligner is what you need? Aug 4, 2015

Jeremy Ferrero wrote:
Do you know a CAT tools or other software able to execute a command line ? I mean, a soft able to execute it in a command prompt with the two files to compare as parameters.

If you have two files, one in a source language and the other in a target language, and you would like to compare their segments (or put their contents into TMX format), you can use an aligner.

LF aligner is an excellent tool for this. It is cross platform and has a CLI.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aligner/

Jeremy Ferrero
Jeremy Ferrero
France
TOPIC STARTER
Just an aligner Aug 4, 2015

Hi, thx for your reply,

Yes, I just want an aligner, not necessary an entire CAT tool.
I don't need a translation tool, just an aligner.
I search to align two files.

Best regards !

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:59
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Maybe Aug 4, 2015

John Holland wrote:

Jeremy Ferrero wrote:

If you have two files, one in a source language and the other in a target language, and you would like to compare their segments (or put their contents into TMX format), you can use an aligner.

LF aligner is an excellent tool for this. It is cross platform and has a CLI.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aligner/

I was about to post the same thing. The OP is clear as mud, so this is just a guess. Studio also has command line capabilities, at least via the API. So if you need some kind of an analysis, that may be one option.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do you know a command line CAT tool ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »