María Fernanda Pignataro  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:08
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 27, 2015

Dear all,

I am in the process of editing a very long document in Word. My client sent me two Word docs (one source, one target). It is very hard to perform this revision with two documents.
Up to now, I was able to generate a TMX TM from the two files.
Now, I would like to create a two column Word file from this TMX, so as to smoothly proceed to perform my revision with tracked changes, and I will later transfer these changes to the target Word file sent by my client.... See more
Dear all,

I am in the process of editing a very long document in Word. My client sent me two Word docs (one source, one target). It is very hard to perform this revision with two documents.
Up to now, I was able to generate a TMX TM from the two files.
Now, I would like to create a two column Word file from this TMX, so as to smoothly proceed to perform my revision with tracked changes, and I will later transfer these changes to the target Word file sent by my client.
Do you happen to know how I may do this? (if this is possible).
I have Wordfast and Studio 2014 as CAT tools.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Kind regards,

Fernanda
Collapse

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 09:08
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Heartsome TMX Editor 8 Jan 27, 2015

It is very easy to convert a TMX file to a MS Word bilingual table with a free tool called Heartsome TMX Editor 8. Here's a download link https://github.com/heartsome/tmxeditor8

It is a zip file that does not require installation. Unzip the folder anywhere in your computer and it's ready to use. There will be a menu option Tools that you can select to convert your TMX file.

Joakim Braun
Joakim Braun  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 08:08
German to Swedish
+ ...
Display TMX in a web browser, copy the table Jan 27, 2015

You don't need any special software for this.

See my post http://deu.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/223163-urgent:_studio_2011_how_can_i_convert_sdltm_to_txt.html#1932077

María Fernanda Pignataro
María Fernanda Pignataro  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 03:08
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue solved, but I definitely learnt useful material Jan 27, 2015

Dear Andrey,

Many many thanks for your prompt response and very useful information. I will surely use this tool in future.

However, I solved the problem by using Olifant. I uploaded the TM, proceeded to copy all and paste it in Word (using the original format) and it worked. I deleted the unnecessary columns and I created a beautiful table in Word

Kind regards!

Fernanda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create a Word bilingual file (table) from TMX

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »