Thread poster: forever_youn (X)
forever_youn (X)
forever_youn (X)
United States
Local time: 22:35
Korean to English
Oct 26, 2014

Hi,

I'm using Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor 2.17.3 (build:2014-09-02T15:08:52.006000).

When I select "Connect to Translation Workspace" to log in and open a TM to do a job, I get the following pop-up prompting me to update the client.

Clicking OK downloads the update file. When the download is complete, I get the following pop-up.
... See more
Hi,

I'm using Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor 2.17.3 (build:2014-09-02T15:08:52.006000).

When I select "Connect to Translation Workspace" to log in and open a TM to do a job, I get the following pop-up prompting me to update the client.

Clicking OK downloads the update file. When the download is complete, I get the following pop-up.

Clicking Yes shuts down XLIFF Editor, but no update takes place. Opening XLIFF Editor again repeats the process.

Frustrating, yes. I am unable to do certain jobs at the moment because of this issue.

I've contacted GeoWorkz for support over a week ago, but they still haven't gotten back to me. I sent them another inquiry to chase them up, and not even an acknowledgement reply! Disgusting. SMH

Can someone PLEASE help me?
Collapse

Stephanie Busch
Stephanie Busch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:35
English to German
+ ...
Download and install manually? Oct 26, 2014

Hi,

if you can access your Translation Workspace account, you could try downloading the installer (from Resources > Downloads) instead of doing the auto update.

The downloadable version is 2.18.4, i.e. higher than your present one. This might do the trick.

HTH!
Stephanie

forever_youn (X)
forever_youn (X)
United States
Local time: 22:35
Korean to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yay Oct 26, 2014

That did it!

It looks like I will have to delete and reinstall every time a new version is released, though.

Thank you very much for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Workspace XLIFF Editor client update failure

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »