Martina Russo
Martina Russo  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 04:19
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 21, 2014

Hello dear colleagues,

is there any of you who uses the Tstream Editor (sed) and happens to be online right now to quickly help me shed some light on a few things?

I normally use Fluency, so I'm a bit confused by this one. It's easy to use in many aspects, but for instance right now I am translating a document which consists of a huge amount of numbers which are just to be "copied and pasted" from source to target. The editor, indeed, detects most of them as 100% matche
... See more
Hello dear colleagues,

is there any of you who uses the Tstream Editor (sed) and happens to be online right now to quickly help me shed some light on a few things?

I normally use Fluency, so I'm a bit confused by this one. It's easy to use in many aspects, but for instance right now I am translating a document which consists of a huge amount of numbers which are just to be "copied and pasted" from source to target. The editor, indeed, detects most of them as 100% matches, but it looks like I have to go through each one of them, double click on the original line or the TM proposal and then click onto next sentence.

It's a never-ending list of almost entirely 2-digit numbers, so you can imagine how much time this costs me. Wasted time. Is there any way to have it automatically do the operation of pasting the numbers when they are absolutely the same as in the source?

Moreover, which I don't understand, some of the numbers (and at times sentences) detected as 100% matches (in blue) are automatically skipped, so I presume that they are automatically translated, but sometimes if I go back to check, the target language line is blank.

Anyone can help?

I would be most grateful for any hints.

Thank you!

Martina
Collapse

Юрий Шитиков
Юрий Шитиков  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 04:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Tstream Editor Jan 6, 2015

Dear Colleague,

I don't know exactly, but my project manager reassured me that 100% matching fields will be pasted automatically into exported document, regardless of what is being displayed in translation mode.

[Редактировалось 2015-01-06 12:10 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tstream Editor

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »