Local time: 04:21
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Didier Oct 29, 2013

Didier Briel wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
No... I tried that trick but the TMX is still paragraph based after that procedure. Even in segments that contain nothing fancy but sentences, and the same number of sentences too.

Are you sure you changed at least one translation in the project, and recorded it?

I had to tinker with it, but I eventually got it to work. The project_save.tmx file got resegmented directly after I moved to a segment in the project that resulted in a fuzzy match in the match pane. The first times I tried it, I did edit a segment but it was a segment that did not produce any fuzzy matches. Perhaps it is important that the fuzzy match pane gets triggered.

I can open the project_save.tmx file in e.g. Virtaal and check where there are segmentation problems easily. One just has to replace the project_save.tmx file with a copy of the original file, each time you tinker with the segmentation rules, because OmegaT can't "roll back" the changes, because OmegaT resorts the sentences in the TMX file.

Didier Briel
Didier Briel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:21
English to French
+ ...
Normally, modifying a translation is enough Oct 30, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:
I had to tinker with it, but I eventually got it to work. The project_save.tmx file got resegmented directly after I moved to a segment in the project that resulted in a fuzzy match in the match pane. The first times I tried it, I did edit a segment but it was a segment that did not produce any fuzzy matches. Perhaps it is important that the fuzzy match pane gets triggered.

I checked the source code, and it's unlikely.
A "modified" flag is set each time a translation is changed.

The saving part tests this flag, and saves to disk if the flag is set, then reset it after the save.

Didier

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Convert paragraph TM to sentence TM

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »