https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/25862-tool_to_easy_glossary_creation.html&phpv_redirected=1

Tool to easy glossary creation?
Thread poster: Annamaria Leone
Annamaria Leone
Annamaria Leone  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 04:46
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Oct 21, 2004

Are there tool that is possibile to use in word in order to create glossaries while translating? Can you soggest anything?

Thank you

Annamaria

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-21 11:56]

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 05:46
English to German
+ ...
as far as I know Oct 21, 2004

Annamaria Leone wrote:

Are there tool that is possibile to use in word in order to create glossaries while translating? Can you soggest anything?

Thank you

Annamaria
HI! Anna, I use Fusion, handling is easy, but it doesn´t create glossaries automatically. As far as I know there is no such tool. Developing a glossary is personal work, there are many institutions fighting over the words and their translation used, a few publishing houses do it like langenscheidt Verlag, but they sell products.
Brandis

00000000 (X)
00000000 (X)
English to French
+ ...
Fusion or Wordfast Oct 21, 2004

Both of these CAT tools are used in conjunction with MS Word.

Fusion allows you to make a really beautiful dictionary as you go along. Well worth its price.

Wordfast (trial version is free and fully functional) also has on-the-fly glossary-building capabilities but the interface is not as appealing and manageable.

Best,
Esther

[Edited at 2004-10-21 11:54]

cuckowski
cuckowski
Local time: 05:46
English to Polish
+ ...
translator tool Oct 21, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Annamaria Leone wrote:

Thank you

Annamaria
HI! Anna, I use Fusion, handling is easy, but it doesn´t create glossaries automatically. As far as I know there is no such tool. Developing a glossary is personal work, there are many institutions fighting over the words and their translation used, a few publishing houses do it like langenscheidt Verlag, but they sell products.
Brandis

Hi there, I can fully understand Annamaria\\\'s need for such a tool. In fact I am working on one (with many other features) but it will take some time until it is marketable. If you want to be a beta-tester and/or a language consultant let me know at [email protected] adam

Annamaria Leone
Annamaria Leone  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 04:46
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you to you all Oct 28, 2004

Thanks for your posts.
There is something I want to ask about Fusion. Is it just a tool to make glossaries or a complete CAT tool?
I'm not looking fo a CATT since I already enjoy Trados, I just want something to make glossary-making more simple.

Thanks a lot,

Annamaria

alain raymond
alain raymond
Canada
Local time: 23:46
English to French
Fusion : More than Glossaries. Oct 28, 2004

Hello Annamaria,

As a matter of fact, Fusion is more than just a Glossary builder: it's a complete CAT tool that is highly integrated, all the functions are proposed in one user friendly software.

You can quickly build Glossaries by extracting lists of terms from files or TM, generate lists of possible translations present in opened TM, after you verified-modified them, you can send them to Dictionary (glossary) with a click of the mouse.

You can downloa
... See more
Hello Annamaria,

As a matter of fact, Fusion is more than just a Glossary builder: it's a complete CAT tool that is highly integrated, all the functions are proposed in one user friendly software.

You can quickly build Glossaries by extracting lists of terms from files or TM, generate lists of possible translations present in opened TM, after you verified-modified them, you can send them to Dictionary (glossary) with a click of the mouse.

You can download trial version of Fusion (fully functionnal)on proz: http://www.proz.com/fusion

If you have questions or comments on Fusion while using trial version, please do get in touch with me at [email protected], I'll be glad to help.

Kind regards,

Alain
Fusion Team
GMT -5:00
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tool to easy glossary creation?

Translation news related to CAT tools

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »