https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/25434-fuzzy_matches_with_empty_tm_shadow_tm_comparing_two_documents_using_trados.html&phpv_redirected=1

Fuzzy matches with empty TM (Shadow TM) (Comparing two documents using Trados)
Thread poster: Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:31
English to German
+ ...
Oct 7, 2004

Hello,
maybe somenone can help me with this problem: I need to know possible fuzzy matches between two Word documents. Some months ago, a client told me that you can create a "shadow memory" and analyse document by document, with the result, that you receive fuzzy matches in your Trados analysis on the basis of an empty TM. Unfortunately I cannot find the e-mail explaining the procedure. Does anybody know something about this?
Many thanks in advance.
Daniel

[Subject edit
... See more
Hello,
maybe somenone can help me with this problem: I need to know possible fuzzy matches between two Word documents. Some months ago, a client told me that you can create a "shadow memory" and analyse document by document, with the result, that you receive fuzzy matches in your Trados analysis on the basis of an empty TM. Unfortunately I cannot find the e-mail explaining the procedure. Does anybody know something about this?
Many thanks in advance.
Daniel

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-10-07 15:51]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Use TM from previous analysis Oct 7, 2004

Hi Daniel,
Here's how you can compare the overlap between two documents:

- Analyse the older version; don't close the dialogue.
- Check the Use TM from previous analysis box.
- Remove the analysed file and Add... the newer version (still keeping the original dialogue open). Note that the header line will change to show a temporary TM.
- Analyse the second file.

HTH, Ralf

Daniel Meier
Daniel Meier  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Oct 7, 2004

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Daniel,
Here's how you can compare the overlap between two documents:

- Analyse the older version; don't close the dialogue.
- Check the Use TM from previous analysis box.
- Remove the analysed file and Add... the newer version (still keeping the original dialogue open). Note that the header line will change to show a temporary TM.
- Analyse the second file.

HTH, Ralf

Many thanks, Ralf, that was exactly what I was searching for.
Now a 13.000 words job turns out to be considerably less work, and maybe I can persuade my colleague to take on the whole job.
Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fuzzy matches with empty TM (Shadow TM) (Comparing two documents using Trados)

Translation news related to CAT tools

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »