Which CAT tool's bilingual review files use ELX tags?
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Feb 20, 2013

G'day everyone

I received "bilingual review" type of MS Word files today that must have been generated by a tool that I haven't encountered before. I'm just curious to know which tool it came from. The bilingual files have three columns, namely source, reference, and target. A unique-looking feature is that the tags are grey, in curly brackets, and have the letters ELX before the numbers. If there is a fuzzy match, the reference column contains both previous source text and targ
... See more
G'day everyone

I received "bilingual review" type of MS Word files today that must have been generated by a tool that I haven't encountered before. I'm just curious to know which tool it came from. The bilingual files have three columns, namely source, reference, and target. A unique-looking feature is that the tags are grey, in curly brackets, and have the letters ELX before the numbers. If there is a fuzzy match, the reference column contains both previous source text and target text in the same cell.

Does anyone recognise this file?

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:11
Finnish to French
Custom, in-house tool? Feb 21, 2013

It's probably a custom tool developed in-house. Many agencies are using such tools. For instance, here is a snapshot of a Word document I received last year:

It was a Word document in which I was supposed to enter the translations in the third column.

A custom template (.dot) was supplied with the document, that was supposed to be used for the translation:

In other words, they had re-invented their own version of Wordfast

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Which CAT tool's bilingual review files use ELX tags?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »